Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
I actually think other than the test car, I might actually be the first purchase and installed FiST fmic from them. Chris is working on getting it up on the site. He's getting a shop setup so they are crazy busy right now. I was able to order mine directly through Chris since I'm a local in stl and friends on fb with him lol. For those on the fence, the intercooler is solid. Never really see intake temps more than 10-13 degrees above ambient and that's on wot third fourth gear pulls when logging. Which brings me to my second point. Logging through access port. I'm tuned by panda as well. Matt, their tuner knows his shit. He works with you ever step of the way and answers your questions. I'm finishing up my stage three though him and damn the car is running awesome. Starting the process over in the coming week on E40. Can't wait to see what he can do with corn.

I'm really curious about this inter cooler kit coming from deadhook the pics on there facebook seemed really promising

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm really curious about this inter cooler kit coming from deadhook the pics on there facebook seemed really promising
I'm not gonna nut swing too much here, but.... If you can muster the money, even in two different orders over time, the deadhook intercooler is gonna be the only way to fly. You gain no weight on the front of the car, you double the intercooler size of our current upgraded intercooler options, you double the frontal exposure of the cooler, you triple or more the size of the stock cooler, the endtanks are the best design so far, its made with incredibly expensive tools that make it crazy high quality, and the fact its priced at what it is, just really blows me away.

If a single cobb intercooler is sold for this point on, someone needs to get their head checked.

People may or may not argue the science behind it being so big, but in the end, 3 years from now, we'll look back and say, "why were there even any other options at all?"

Panda being the most reasonably priced, with a nice upgrade over stock, I could see the romance with upgrading to it. Its certainly gonna be less work to install. Its a high quality piece ( i'm assuming they have started rolling the ends so the charge pipes don't pull off? ). I enjoy my panda cooler. Also realize your gaining about 10-15lbs over the stock cooler, right on the nose of the car.

The DHM cooler is just.... Its a cooler I never thought we'd get the option for, and its at a price that's more than competitive (and I'm a cheap mofo as yall should know by now, lol ).

FistSt215

I actually think other than the test car, I might actually be the first purchase and installed FiST fmic from them. Chris is working on getting it up on the site. He's getting a shop setup so they are crazy busy right now. I was able to order mine directly through Chris since I'm a local in stl and friends on fb with him lol. For those on the fence, the intercooler is solid. Never really see intake temps more than 10-13 degrees above ambient and that's on wot third fourth gear pulls when logging. Which brings me to my second point. Logging through access port. I'm tuned by panda as well. Matt, their tuner knows his shit. He works with you ever step of the way and answers your questions. I'm finishing up my stage three though him and damn the car is running awesome. Starting the process over in the coming week on E40. Can't wait to see what he can do with corn.
Thanks for the info man . This the fmic I want to get .

MOFiST

Not big on the treadstone endtank design tbh but I'm sure it craps all over stock and then some!

DH has an upgrade proof system going on with his design. I'm envious of those of you who get one B)

The panda IC had been awesome for me on stock turbo. I don't plan on upgrading the turbo, at least for a few years. Charge temps have been kept at bay no problem with it. Install was very simple. There are beads on the end tanks now so pipes coming off is a non issue. Kit comes with two T- bolt clamps as well so that pretty much locks the IC pipes down

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The panda IC had been awesome for me on stock turbo. I don't plan on upgrading the turbo, at least for a few years. Charge temps have been kept at bay no problem with it. Install was very simple. There are beads on the end tanks now so pipes coming off is a non issue. Kit comes with two T- bolt clamps as well so that pretty much locks the IC pipes down
Good deal !! Glad they fixed that. I went a couple weeks pounding my head into the wall trying to get the pipes to stay on...

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just finished installing the Mishimoto today. Lots of cutting and some bracket fabrication. Definitely not an easy bolt on.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Had a Levels that fit and worked great but now I moved on the the beast FMIC from DHM ..