Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
The Panda install was pretty straightforward. It required a bit of bumper trimming at the lower corners, but that was to be expected...the thing is 3.5" thick. :)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1]Admin[/MENTION]s anyway to reset the polls? Since the original post there now many more options like dhm. Would be good for new members. I know i want/need to change my vote.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
^ Second this. Want to hear people's reviews and opinions on other updated intercoolers. I'll be getting the stock DHM one myself.

Izzy

any chance for a more close up picture? I'm curious how it looks from underneath
Sorry...while I do have some closer ups...none really looking up. However, there's about a 5mm difference between what's left of the upper bumper and the bumper bar. So basically nearly flush.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Since I went from Cobb Stage 1 directly to Stage 3, I went with a Cobb IC. lol [:p]

Voting seems to be open again.

Levels for sureeee. Just installed the new release for the Fiesta. Soon to be announced by the man himself!

J2FoRS

Levels for sureeee. Just installed the new release for the Fiesta. Soon to be announced by the man himself!
So they actually made a better one? Or your talking about the one that's been out forever

So they actually made a better one? Or your talking about the one that's been out forever
Just released a new one . Details on it will be announced soon by him. Charge temps have been good on it . It's showing 92 degrees on my dash, and after beating on it in the heat the highest it's gone so far was 112. Will continue to monitor :)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Just released a new one . Details on it will be announced soon by him. Charge temps have been good on it . It's showing 92 degrees on my dash, and after beating on it in the heat the highest it's gone so far was 112. Will continue to monitor :)
Just for reference, that's a twenty degree increase in charge temps and would earn it the badge of being even worse than the Mountune unit. Obviously there is much more to the story, or at least I hope so. A better way of providing the pertinent data would be with a third-gear datalog.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm seeing 20 degree when I sit in 90 or higher temperature traffic. But while driving I hardly ever see over 10 degrees charge temps. That's pretty good I think unless I'm missing something. I have the dhm factory intercooler for reference

dyn085

2000 Post Club
My Cobb unit doesn't go above 6 degrees in difference over ambient while driving but, for the sake of comparison, random driving numbers don't really apply because you can't control all of the variables. Again, a better way of providing the pertinent data would be with a third-gear datalog.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn even when you're sitting in traffic? That's pretty awesome. And I've been tuning with Adam for the last couple of days and he said my logs have been looking good so I guess it's not too bad.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I pretty deliberately said 'while driving', but that illustrates what I'm saying about just stating random numbers related to 'regular' operation. Without solid information relating to airflow, boost, load, speed, etc., it's very difficult to get a general idea of intercooler efficiency. Part of looking at a datalog is being able to isolate the fact that from 'a' to 'b' the car was under a relatively comparable (across the board) workload.

I'm seeing 20 degree when I sit in 90 or higher temperature traffic. But while driving I hardly ever see over 10 degrees charge temps. That's pretty good I think unless I'm missing something. I have the dhm factory intercooler for reference
I have the Cobb, and I see about 10-20 over ambient on my commute which is stop and go and alot of 40mph cruising. When I get on the highway then it gets within 5-7 over ambient. Almost seems like the stock unit shed heat quicker at lower speeds but maybe the Cobb works better at higher speed wot pulls?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have the Cobb, and I see about 10-20 over ambient on my commute which is stop and go and alot of 40mph cruising. When I get on the highway then it gets within 5-7 over ambient. Almost seems like the stock unit shed heat quicker at lower speeds but maybe the Cobb works better at higher speed wot pulls?
Same here. I see between 10 and 20 when stuck in stop and go traffic on the highway on the way to work but as soon as I open it up it hardly ever goes above 5-8 degrees. It's extremely rare. And when I'm cruising at normal speeds I hardly see over 8-10 degrees.