Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
Ah. No, I haven't monitored just driving numbers. That highest number was including sitting at idle. Haven't had much time to do much due to work.

I was thinking of picking up the r-sport ...I know not much about intercoolers but the price is what caught my eye since I am on a tight budget. I initially had the airtec in mind but for the same price I can get the r-sport and a Cobb rmm.
Are there negative opinions on the r-sport as to why no one seems interested?

PhoenixM3

I just ordered the DHM race intercooler w/ crashbar. Will probably opt to have it coated black. This will be my first "worthy" upgrade.

jayrod1980

I just ordered the DHM race intercooler w/ crashbar. Will probably opt to have it coated black. This will be my first "worthy" upgrade.
The crash bar comes black by default... Never seen the IC coated black. I have the DHM and race crash bar... I love it. It's beautiful, increases radiator function and is the highest volume IC you can get without cutting or rubbing. I love it!

I'll probably be going with the CP-e Delta core. I have some data that suggests it cools the best and also provides exceptionally good airflow through the core as opposed to other choices. It is pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. That said, I could always use more data! Does anyone happen to have any datalogs who also runs the CP-e core I could perhaps take a look at? Would also be interested in Cobb and Mountune FMIC datalogs for comparison purposes!

EDIT: I found additional datalogs that show that the CPe intercooler does not flow any better or worse than the alternatives on the market. That said, I still believe it to be of the highest quality.

Mishimoto Jline with my CMbuildz bolt on bracket. Makes for a low cost alternative for the fiesta community and a capable of handling 500hp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451278533.626575.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451278642.560178.jpg

I installed my MAPerformance intercooler over the weekend. Had it installed and back together in just a couple hours and it fits great. Nice little bump in power after installing the Cobb Stage 2 tune. Can't wait to have Adam at Tune+ give me a real tune!

PERON P3XX Cooler here. I had the Superstock cooler for a while and it performed perfectly for my application (stock to hybrid) pressure drop virtually non-existent with the AS200 core. I changed to the bigger cooler mainly for looks [giggle] Despite the larger volume there is no additonal lag, I get spool from 1200rpm on my hybrid turbo. No alterations required to fit for this UK/Euro car, US spec cars have a different crash bar so cannot confirm if its a straight fit.

12195947_10153160571897606_4501540765589003352_n.jpg

J2FoRS

PERON P3XX Cooler here. I had the Superstock cooler for a while and it performed perfectly for my application (stock to hybrid) pressure drop virtually non-existent with the AS200 core. I changed to the bigger cooler mainly for looks [giggle] Despite the larger volume there is no additonal lag, I get spool from 1200rpm on my hybrid turbo. No alterations required to fit for this UK/Euro car, US spec cars have a different crash bar so cannot confirm if its a straight fit.

View attachment 8210
Now that is sexy![perfect10]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

View attachment 8210
Nicely done PERON.... Its beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DzZ7oShl4

[video=youtube;z1DzZ7oShl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DzZ7oShl4[/video]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Those euro guys have a few really awesome intercooler options. That perron setup looks AWESOME. But... I don't think any of them are as good as the DHM race intercooler we get.

Levels performance in Orlando is said to be making a tall thin cooler for our cars, but I've never seen it.

Those euro guys have a few really awesome intercooler options. That perron setup looks AWESOME. But... I don't think any of them are as good as the DHM race intercooler we get.

Levels performance in Orlando is said to be making a tall thin cooler for our cars, but I've never seen it.

Well, my personal opinion, I prefer tube and fin design coolers, much lighter, this is a 50mm core and flow through to the radiator is still very good, something that thicker cores suffer from.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
2" core? Ouch... Pretty sure the levels cooler here is 2" or 2.25,
Not sure.
But... I will agree, a 4" core will hold back rad flow, but I'd rather over heat and pull off then to break a piston or rod. I think that cooler,
If it is 2"/50mm thick, is holding you back.

2" core? Ouch... Pretty sure the levels cooler here is 2" or 2.25,
Not sure.
But... I will agree, a 4" core will hold back rad flow, but I'd rather over heat and pull off then to break a piston or rod. I think that cooler,
If it is 2"/50mm thick, is holding you back.
I very much doubt it will hold anyone back, it was developed for high ambient temps in Asia where they often see 38C plus and suitable for iover 400bhp. Its more than overkill for the UK.

Dare I say, it isn't necessarily the size of the core, its the efficiency. Its why the Superstock cooler works so well in stock location on the small KP39, pressure drop is low because the core isn't restrictive but is still able to cool very effectively. This larger cooler works very well despite its bigger size though on my hybrid turbo and as mentioned, it was really for the larger P3XX 300+bhp cars, but it looks so good i couldnt resist it, spool is not affected and I'm now sorted for future upgrades

Fiesta-P3XX-Intercooler3.jpg 10583786_10152650956747606_7200393119010578689_n.jpg

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Well dang... I bet Deadhook motorsports ( you know... The guys that build and tune the fastest and highest WHEEL horsepower fiesta ST's on the planet ) would have like to have known this info of how an intercooler that is the same size that came on a 1987 volvo with 170hp engine is better than a the one they basically redesigned the front support beam of the car to fit...

That's prob a really great intercooler for a stock turbocharger. But I wouldn't use it much beyond that.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
10 years ago I had one of these for a turbo civic. When I upgraded because it cooked its self in a single pass with 12psi, I tried to sell it for $15 picked up.
No one bought it. Its the same core size, lol.