Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
Culture and innovation is a fascinating thing to me.

I'm not sure what to make of you Brits. You had a 6-9 month head start on the Fiesta ST and Peron seems like a pretty big outfit but the fastest and most powerful Fiesta STs come from a two man shop in Michigan who are also developing parts for Focus ST and Mustang 2.3.

The guy that is panning your intercooler has a one man shop that makes hybrid turbos that he has self tuned to make more power than a Peron hybrid.

I'm unimpressed with most everything coming out of England except for M-Sport rally car parts. You should be doing better.

I'm not sure what to make of you Brits. You had a 6-9 month head start on the Fiesta ST and Peron seems like a pretty big outfit but the fastest and most powerful Fiesta STs come from a two man shop in Michigan who are also developing parts for Focus ST and Mustang 2.3.

The guy that is panning your intercooler has a one man shop that makes hybrid turbos that he has self tuned to make more power than a Peron hybrid.

I'm unimpressed with most everything coming out of England except for M-Sport rally car parts. You should be doing better.
I wasn't aware this was a Brits versus yanks willy wagging competition πŸ˜† thanks for your contribution πŸ‘πŸ»

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Dang... That's a little harsh... I wouldn't put it that way, but its sorta true.

A local 1 man shop builds an intercooler like that one its 10x24x2. Place called levels performance in Orlando, FL. Guy named Nik.

I may call your buff and put on one me car to see how well it really does when truely challenged. Asia, Florida, samething, lol. It was 85 degrees here today, the LOW is 75 degrees.

Think its the tunability that is maybe holding some of the euro cars back? IDK... With the exchange rate, almost nothing makes sense for us "yanks" to buy from over there anyway by the time taxes and shipping are figured in...

How big is the Perron your running?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I think SS has hit the nail on the head so to speak, Tunability . I am running a Peron production tune and its very good, but I can't run a data log, send Peron the file and get them to tweak it. Not yet anyway but I am told the ability to do this is coming-finally.
As far as the intercooler debate goes, you need the data, thermal efficiency and pressure drop, options are pretty much useless.
On another note, the majority of Formula 1 teams are located in the UK, which tells me something about British engineering.

No competition, just think about who is giving you criticism before you dismiss it.

Your credibility can suffer a lot if you don't.

No competition, just think about who is giving you criticism before you dismiss it.

Your credibility can suffer a lot if you don't.
I'm not disregarding his comments. I have read the forums quite a bit before I started contributing. And I certainly didn't criticise ,just explained my preference for a certain type of intercooler based on my personal experience. There is no disrespect intend, I'm here because I like Fiesta's and I like making them fast, the way we do that is just different to you, the end result = The same.

Dang... That's a little harsh... I wouldn't put it that way, but its sorta true.

A local 1 man shop builds an intercooler like that one its 10x24x2. Place called levels performance in Orlando, FL. Guy named Nik.

I may call your buff and put on one me car to see how well it really does when truely challenged. Asia, Florida, samething, lol. It was 85 degrees here today, the LOW is 75 degrees.

Think its the tunability that is maybe holding some of the euro cars back? IDK... With the exchange rate, almost nothing makes sense for us "yanks" to buy from over there anyway by the time taxes and shipping are figured in...

How big is the Perron your running?
Our V1 hybrid is not huge. It's intended as a bolt on, 40WHP gain over stock turbo with no lag, an extended power band and perfect driveability. It's not meant to be a balls out, bored out the to limit turbocharger. The next step is the V2, which should give us 300WHP.

There is a very big difference between companies though so its unfair to compare. The market for a 400+horsepower Fiesta is tiny, compared to that of the Stage1/Stage 2 customer base, that doesn't mean it cannot be done, it can be done very easily, but concentrating on one area doesn't make sense corporate sense.

I think its a shame this thread has had to go a bit OT but let me finish my contribution here by saying I have the utmost respect for engineers who make things with nothing more than sheer determination and skill, it doesn't matter where they are from! The USA has produced some outstanding engineering feats over the years, I'm a massive fan of US military aircraft for example.

As I said in my reply above, I'm here for a friendly discussion, not to critic other people's work. I want my car to be as fast, reliable and enjoyable as I can make it and PERON have so far, exceeded my expectations far and above any other company I've used or experienced before. So lets keep it real and enjoy what 2016 can bring us.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I actually like "brits", and pretty much everyone that plays with these cars. I really like the different takes on solutions as well.

And to be quiet honest, I don't think we went to the moon either, lol.

And we can def agree to disagree about the cooler :)

And the demand for 400hp/400whp fiesta's in the USA actually is higher than I thought it would be. Seem everyone wanted 250whp until cars started showing up with 330whp and 350whp and 380whp then 420whp, lol. Even I have gone from "230-240whp" goals to 300whp to 340whp, lol.

As a people... Being american, I gotta give it to "us", we are all about some horsepower, lol. Even in a janky little european hatchback, all we want is POWWWWWWAAAAaaaA

I actually like "brits", and pretty much everyone that plays with these cars. I really like the different takes on solutions as well.

And to be quiet honest, I don't think we went to the moon either, lol.

And we can def agree to disagree about the cooler :)

And the demand for 400hp/400whp fiesta's in the USA actually is higher than I thought it would be. Seem everyone wanted 250whp until cars started showing up with 330whp and 350whp and 380whp then 420whp, lol. Even I have gone from "230-240whp" goals to 300whp to 340whp, lol.

As a people... Being american, I gotta give it to "us", we are all about some horsepower, lol. Even in a janky little european hatchback, all we want is POWWWWWWAAAAaaaA
Well I'm glad we got that sorted ;)

The reason so few big power cars exist over here is partly the owners not wanting invalidate their warranty, the further away you go from OEM, the harder it is to return to stock in case of issues. I've not heard of many tuners blowing cars up, it more often the owners abusing them by forgetting to put engine oil in..

Lots of exciting things to come in 2016, I can't wait!

ykalil

Go to the DHM vendor thread and look at the testimonials there. Plus the DHM intercooler has its own thread on top of that
IMG_0449.JPG

Another happy DHM customer. No trimming! Approximately 23 degrees down in the system on stage 3 tune with some street tunning.

PhoenixM3

Well, crash bar and race intercooler installed! I'm kind of an f-tard with regard to uploading photos here. I spun the car up to about 100mph on 3rd and 4th gear runs. Didn't want to run faster ONLY due to snow tires... Weather was cool at noon (60 degrees) and cooler in the evening (about 48). At no point could I get the delta between inlet temperatures and charge temp to vary by more than 4 degrees and in most cases during "non-spirited" driving, differences varied as little as .75 to 1.5 of a degree.

Last year, in Summer and with the stock intercooler (and higher ambient temps - 75 to 80 degrees) I routinely observed a 35-40 degrees difference. I'm pretty pleased with the result and look forward to actually pulling some data logs, and a custom tune. Perhaps a catless d/p and a SS hybrid turbo in in the budget later this year, I could also go FRM (full retard mode) and buy DRM's turbo kit....