Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
WHOOSH FMIC + IC HOSE KIT + HOTSIDE IC PIPE... $610 shipped!?!?

Can anyone confirm the direct fit/bolt on ease of the Whoosh FMIC along with their cold & hot side IC pipes? It's my understanding that I would also need to buy T-Clamps elsewhere as they are not included.

I'm in the market for a FMIC and for $610 shipped for everything sounds like a great deal to me

Does anyone have any idea what the CFM rating for the Whoosh FMIC?

redmoe

I have the Whoosh IC and hot side pipe. I did not go for the coupler pipes as my car was new and they were out of stock at the time. The ic is a tight fit and most folks need to remove/trim or bend the center lower front lip support. This is the same for the Cobb, depot and various other after market fmics. Even though I did not get the whoosh couplers I still sourced some t bolt clamps for the fmic end tanks. 4F051A63-77A4-4F4A-B73C-567DA00E6B0D.jpeg E113C529-3A92-4B4D-B26D-9299C0C77EF5.jpeg

Attachments

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
WHOOSH FMIC + IC HOSE KIT + HOTSIDE IC PIPE... $610 shipped!?!?

Can anyone confirm the direct fit/bolt on ease of the Whoosh FMIC along with their cold & hot side IC pipes? It's my understanding that I would also need to buy T-Clamps elsewhere as they are not included.

I'm in the market for a FMIC and for $610 shipped for everything sounds like a great deal to me

Does anyone have any idea what the CFM rating for the Whoosh FMIC?
Actually.....It's 604.97 to be exact and you can use your forum member discount to get the kit for $574.75 shipped
The coupon code for being a member here is FIST5[rockon]

Went Cobb as it came with the Stage 3 kit I just ordered. Killer deal with the kit price plus the military discount, so figured I’d give it a shot. I plan to stay stock turbo so I’m sure it’ll do just fine for me.

Went Cobb as it came with the Stage 3 kit I just ordered. Killer deal with the kit price plus the military discount, so figured I’d give it a shot. I plan to stay stock turbo so I’m sure it’ll do just fine for me.
How'd you get the military discount?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Before doing so I would upgrade your radiator in order to compensate for the larger surface area of that intercooler. I still haven't heard of many who have ran it or what modifications it will take to run it either as I asked for in a previous thread or even this one a while back. Id ask Ron @ whoosh about it maybe he knows alittle more than I! [cheers]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Before doing so I would upgrade your radiator in order to compensate for the larger surface area of that intercooler. I still haven't heard of many who have ran it or what modifications it will take to run it either as I asked for in a previous thread or even this one a while back. Id ask Ron @ whoosh about it maybe he knows alittle more than I! [cheers]
Oh definitely, as I'm already having cooling issues as it is haha.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oh definitely, as I'm already having cooling issues as it is haha.

Yeah, I would probably want something 2x the efficiency/cooling capacity of even the Mountune radiator (custom built, maybe? [dunno]), before installing that HUGE IC setup, especially with a BT/crazy power snail kit (unless it was ONLY for drag racing use, with NO 'hot-lapping' at all!). [wink]

KKaWing

Yeah, I would probably want something 2x the efficiency/cooling capacity of even the Mountune radiator (custom built, maybe? [dunno]), before installing that HUGE IC setup, especially with a BT/crazy power snail kit (unless it was ONLY for drag racing use, with NO 'hot-lapping' at all!). [wink]
I keep seeing secondary radiators on other cars, maybe a heater core under the right headlight? There's already vents in the wheel well, just need to duct some air in from the fogs or a new hole beside the fogs. How that will hook up to the system itself I have no clue. Just throwing an idea out.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I would think a mountune or mishi rad plus a 180° tstat would be good enough, or maybe even the mishi 160° tstat

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Couldn't find anything on the "stage 3" cooler. But I am.going to assume it is also tube and fin.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Tube and fin.

This is directly from the proalloy site.

That looks like the way to go for the BT/big power folks, especially since DaVinci seems to be somewhat unreliable in their ability to keep fabricators on board, in order to supply the DHM clones they list on their site. ;)