Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
[/URL][/IMG]

just found this on local classified, do you guys think it may worth the try? the core is 3.5x6.5x24 2.5in/out the guy wants 100$

Apparently Mountune has redesigned their intercooler. I wonder what the differences are.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-Intercooler-Upgrade-Black-p/2364-ic-ba1.htm
I talked to mountune about the new designed lower cost intercooler. They said the main difference is the newer cheaper version has casted end tanks vs hand built ones on the more expensive version. As well the newer one is made in the USA vs the older one which is made in England. The tank is still tube and fin and pressure drops across intercooler are the same as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/URL][/IMG]

just found this on local classified, do you guys think it may worth the try? the core is 3.5x6.5x24 2.5in/out the guy wants 100$
There's definitely gonna be a little bit of fabrication to make it fit. If you can do it yourself, it may be worth the time. But if you have to pay to have it mounted up, it may end up running you as much as a depo racing intercooler that's brand new and slides right in.

J2FoRS

The mountune cooler has a very good AS200 type core that does work reasonably well however at you tune level either a better core shoe horned into the OE size space will have to do or something quite a lot larger.

The solution for the USA market that i have is the Pro Stage 2. it uses a better core than the AS200 in the OE space and does cool and flow better
I have 1 left here or Panda has 1 also.. email sales@panda.......

the Stage 3 tall version has never been tested for fitment on the ?USA front end.. the crash beam is huge, hence the reason DHM replace the whole front end with a smaller tube version..

I would happily make something IF we could find a serviceman over in the UK who would lend us the car for a few days, but i cant see that happening real soon.

give panda a call....
So if I sent you someone in the UK with a NA FiST you'll R@D for fitment and awesomeness with our crash bar in tact?

J2FoRS

Has no one fabbed up anything random besides the J-line? Theres got to be other DIY options. Id love to see if so.

I finally got around to installing the CP-E Intercooler this weekend. Everything fit very well, it was tight, but it all fit and I didn't have to trim anything. The difference in charge temps is incredible from the stock unit to this. On the stock unit on a 4th gear pull the charge temps would increase by 30F. On a 4th gear pull now they only go up by 6-7F. This thing definitely does it's job, not to mention it looks much better than the stock unit. Worth every penny.

Stock Intercooler

http://www.datazap.me/u/cwbleds/cobb-ots-1-w-stock-intercooler

CP-E Intercooler

http://www.datazap.me/u/cwbleds/cobb-ots-2-w-cpe?log=0&data=4-5-7

Both of these are 4th gear pulls. I also did a 2nd-4th gear pull which I don't have a log for but the charge temps only rose by 7F.

Intercooler 1.jpg

Intercooler 2.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^NICE!! [thumb]

Great to hear those results, AND that you did not have to cut anything to get that unit in the car!!

I have to find the time (and collect all of the other items I want to install once the front cover is off) to install my cp-e IC as well, since the heat is definitely on it's way here soon, and I'm itching to load up my Stratified Flash tune! ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Details? Is this in front or behind crash bar???
According to Pumaspeed (in this thread), it sits IN FRONT of the Brit/Euro/Asian/African/Antipodes/etc. model/version FiSTs' crash beam.

They have yet to say whether or not it would fit in front of OUR USDM/North American FiSTs. [dunno]

J2FoRS

According to Pumaspeed (in this thread), it sits IN FRONT of the Brit/Euro/Asian/African/Antipodes/etc. model/version FiSTs.

They have yet to say whether or not it would fit in front of OUR USDM/North American FiSTs. [dunno]
My mistake, I totally didnt notice it was a Euro Fist. DOH [headslap]

I finally got around to installing the CP-E Intercooler this weekend. Everything fit very well, it was tight, but it all fit and I didn't have to trim anything. The difference in charge temps is incredible from the stock unit to this. On the stock unit on a 4th gear pull the charge temps would increase by 30F. On a 4th gear pull now they only go up by 6-7F. This thing definitely does it's job, not to mention it looks much better than the stock unit. Worth every penny.

Both of these are 4th gear pulls. I also did a 2nd-4th gear pull which I don't have a log for but the charge temps only rose by 7F.
So here's my question... I wanted to go with the CPE IC and the Mishimoto Radiator, but since they both won't work together because of size which one would be the better choice? Would a smaller IC and the Mishimoto be a better option long term?
Only factors will be a x47 turbo will be installed and I won't be tracking the car.

So here's my question... I wanted to go with the CPE IC and the Mishimoto Radiator, but since they both won't work together because of size which one would be the better choice? Would a smaller IC and the Mishimoto be a better option long term?
Only factors will be a x47 turbo will be installed and I won't be tracking the car.
It depends on what your goals are, as both parts perform different functions. The Radiator will keep coolant temps low, which is important for tracking, and a bigger Intercooler generally will keep charge temps lower, which is better for performance. Given your last comment, I would go with the Intercooler. If you aren't tracking the car, I really don't see a need for an upgraded radiator.

You can absolutely fit both of them together the Mishimoto radiator is way behind the intercooler they won't touch or hamper each other's space.