Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
They went to fin and tube like everyone else...
Mountune already had the tube and fin design, and this new design is also tube and fin. Most of the options that I am aware of are actually bar and plate, which typically do better for charge temps but doesn't allow as much airflow through to the radiator and the bar and plate usually weighs a little more.

I can't tell what the difference is just based upon the picture and description.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Mountune already had the tube and fin design, and this new design is also tube and fin. Most of the options that I am aware of are actually bar and plate, which typically do better for charge temps but doesn't allow as much airflow through to the radiator and the bar and plate usually weighs a little more.

I can't tell what the difference is just based upon the picture and description.
Pretty sure you've got that backwards. Or I do...

The Mountune has always been the heavier option for intercoolers.

Mountune is already tube and fin. I can't tell what is new in that link above

Also the Mountune is one of the lightest options as tube and fin is much lighter than bar and plate.

The Mountune small cooler is made by pro alloy in the UK
It uses a very good UK sourced and made AS 200 type core I believe
Our R -Sport PRO stage 2 unit used to used the same core but now we have gone to a hydra flow super dense core design which flows and cools better
It ran 290 whp with the X47 Turbo

[MENTION=6662]Pumaspeed[/MENTION]

my three year old mountune ic is not keeping up with your x37 on hot days. you have a pro stage three intercooler for a reasonable amount. your site says it fits without hacking up the car. can you share any experiences you have had with the x37 and that intercooler please? thanks boyracer.

[MENTION=6662]Pumaspeed[/MENTION]

my three year old mountune ic is not keeping up with your x37 on hot days. you have a pro stage three intercooler for a reasonable amount. your site says it fits without hacking up the car. can you share any experiences you have had with the x37 and that intercooler please? thanks boyracer.

The mountune cooler has a very good AS200 type core that does work reasonably well however at you tune level either a better core shoe horned into the OE size space will have to do or something quite a lot larger.

The solution for the USA market that i have is the Pro Stage 2. it uses a better core than the AS200 in the OE space and does cool and flow better
I have 1 left here or Panda has 1 also.. email sales@panda.......

the Stage 3 tall version has never been tested for fitment on the ?USA front end.. the crash beam is huge, hence the reason DHM replace the whole front end with a smaller tube version..

I would happily make something IF we could find a serviceman over in the UK who would lend us the car for a few days, but i cant see that happening real soon.

give panda a call....

i didn't know if anyone in the states had any intercoolers from overseas on their cars so I ventured out and bought the R-sport stage 2 intercooler at first from Pumaspeed. It did what it was supposed to do very well (bar and plate). I THEN sold it because I thought I was going back to stock and THEN realized uh HELL NO and Pumaspeed was coming out with a new design for their stage 2 intercooler that is good up to 320HP (crank). they call it a "square tube and fin" design and me being curious I bought it. once installed I did a strong 3rd gear pull ( on my awesome DHM e30 tune btw) and it only rose 10 degrees Fahrenheit (it was 65 degrees out. my stock intercooler jumped 30 degrees on stock tune so I was satisfied. it can hold up to their hybrid turbo set ups as well and I plan to get a hybrid setup and test how well it does in the hot temperatures we get over here in the states.

Did my depo racing today I'm happy with it. Good bang for your buck. Decent size increase and I'm happy with the ots map to stage 2, it def drives a bit smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/IMG]

Just ordered my Mountune intercooler (warranty friendly) with a couple of other goodies yesterday! Super excited [coolsmile]
Just thought I would mention you can buy the intercooler with full charge pipe kit for $899 and sometimes during the year you can get 10+ % off during a sale. I bought the intercooler and complete charge pipe kit for $899 plus 13% off during black Friday sale. They will hopefully fix this before they finalize your billing

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Just thought I would mention you can buy the intercooler with full charge pipe kit for $899 and sometimes during the year you can get 10+ % off during a sale. I bought the intercooler and complete charge pipe kit for $899 plus 13% off during black Friday sale. They will hopefully fix this before they finalize your billing

Actually... there are codes that can be used right now... Don't need to wait for "during the year". [thumb]

No the order got processed last night. I know they have sales but I just couldn't wait any longer. I've had the car for 3 months and I have been debating to do the mp215 or go all out. I made my decision the other night and had to pull the trigger. It's A little confusing because they have three intercooler options. The one I bought is the only one that Ford has approved for the warranty. I'm trying to stick with as many warranty approved parts from mountune as I can. I'm very curious to see what kind of numbers I can make with the parts I bought with a tune from Randy. I also just bought a mishimoto induction hose since the one mountune has does not fit my 2016. I'm having my local Ford dealer install everything. I'm very excited to get everything installed [wrenchin]

I went with the MAPerformance intercooler and piping kit. I love it.

No the order got processed last night. I know they have sales but I just couldn't wait any longer. I've had the car for 3 months and I have been debating to do the mp215 or go all out. I made my decision the other night and had to pull the trigger. It's A little confusing because they have three intercooler options. The one I bought is the only one that Ford has approved for the warranty. I'm trying to stick with as many warranty approved parts from mountune as I can. I'm very curious to see what kind of numbers I can make with the parts I bought with a tune from Randy. I also just bought a mishimoto induction hose since the one mountune has does not fit my 2016. I'm having my local Ford dealer install everything. I'm very excited to get everything installed [wrenchin]
I bought the $899 complete charge pipe kit plus intercooler and had zero issues registering the install with Ford Racing. At a minimum I would call mountune and say that you want to buy the $899 kit and not the $799 intercooler and $399 charge air pipe kit. The part number of the intercooler itself has the correct part number with Ford Racing.