Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You can absolutely fit both of them together the Mishimoto radiator is way behind the intercooler they won't touch or hamper each other's space.
^^^THIS!

I am hoping that someone comes up with even a bigger/better yet drop-in radiator (than the Mishi) for these cars, possibly even at a LOWER price point. ;)
The only real interference I can see would be the inability to use the longest oil filters out there which could still thread onto our factory filter location's fitting.

^^^THIS!

I am hoping that someone comes up with even a bigger/better yet drop-in radiator (than the Mishi) for these cars, possibly even at a LOWER price point. ;)
The only real interference I can see would be the inability to use the longest oil filters out there which could still thread onto our factory filter location's fitting.
Mountune is currently working with a company for another radiator for our car. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I spoke with the rep at autocon LA last month and he said it will be released no later than may. I took that statement with a grain of salt but nevertheless there is another radiator coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mountune is currently working with a company for another radiator for our car. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I spoke with the rep at autocon LA last month and he said it will be released no later than may. I took that statement with a grain of salt but nevertheless there is another radiator coming!

Yeah thanks, and I think I heard something to the effect that it might be subbed out to C&R, a well known, U.S. based (and hopefully manufactured) racing radiator manufacturer. [thumb]

Yeah thanks, and I think I heard something to the effect that it might be subbed out to C&R, a well known, U.S. based (and hopefully manufactured) racing radiator manufacturer. [thumb]
That's it! C&R!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually, it might be CSF Racing Radiator since they seem to be the ones sub-contracted for Mountune's FoST and FoRS aftermarket radiators. [dunno]

AzNightmare

I'm leaning toward either J-Line or Depo...
Thoughts and opinions?

From my limited research, it seems like J-Line is one of the best IC's for this car, but it is heavier than most. I don't have plans on upgrading my turbo any time soon, and I'm much more focused on the handling of this car.

J-Line weighs about 20 lbs, about 15 lbs more than OEM, about 6~ lbs more than Depo. I would think such little amount of weight would be negligible, but I've read a few owners saying the additional weight at the front of the car had affected their handing (any owners want to comment about this??). Maybe weight is a lot more sensitive in an already nose heavy car?

Then there's the fact of intercooler being too big lead to pressure drop? (although it doesn't affect power output?) any info on that?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Then there's the fact of intercooler being too big lead to pressure drop? (although it doesn't affect power output?) any info on that?
From what I understand, and have read on here, we do NOT have to worry about this for the stock turbo with ANY of the 'factory fit' ICs on the market, not even the cp-e which is the biggest core volume factory fit out there until you get to the DHM RACE (which requires their crash bar), or the Wagner Euro deals.

One would think that the DHM Race sized ICs would have to cause at least a little pressure drop on the factory snail.
But DHM and others claim that NO, not even their GIGANTIC core volume (and great flowing) IC shows any appreciable pressure drop, even on the micro sized factory snail.

AzNightmare

So another question I have is how important is it to have actual air flowing through the IC during the car is in motion?
There are a few IC like COBB, CP-E, MAP, etc that aren't tall, but make full use of the 30" wide opening in the lower grill.
Then there are a few IC with bigger overall cores, but they're only 24" wide, and half of it is tucked behind the crash bar.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm leaning toward either J-Line or Depo...
Thoughts and opinions?

From my limited research, it seems like J-Line is one of the best IC's for this car, but it is heavier than most. I don't have plans on upgrading my turbo any time soon, and I'm much more focused on the handling of this car.

J-Line weighs about 20 lbs, about 15 lbs more than OEM, about 6~ lbs more than Depo. I would think such little amount of weight would be negligible, but I've read a few owners saying the additional weight at the front of the car had affected their handing (any owners want to comment about this??). Maybe weight is a lot more sensitive in an already nose heavy car?

I've got some great options for you the cp-e, my intercooler, and just added the Mishimoto J-Line to the site in silver and black last night
let me know if you need any help

link: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/mishimoto-j-line-front-mount-intercooler-kit-2014-and-up-fiesta-st-diy-universal-fitment

AzNightmare

Does the Mishimoto J-line IC even fit depth wise at 3.75"? I have a used COBB (3" depth) and it's pushed flush up against the front grill.
I'm sure it does. Many people have the JLine intercooler. There's probably more room left than you think when you have your COBB intercooler installed.

I was looking for a relatively cheap intercooler for my daily FiST is the intercooler itself weak from ford or is the piping too? Because i was just looking at getting a black whoosh intercooler that’s priced at $350 hopefully theres good deals for black friday or christmas

I was looking for a relatively cheap intercooler for my daily FiST is the intercooler itself weak from ford or is the piping too? Because i was just looking at getting a black whoosh intercooler that’s priced at $350 hopefully theres good deals for black friday or christmas
Your stock piping is fine. The intercooler is the weak point.