Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was thinking about this the other day while driving home. I was thinking about checking my air filter to see if it needs changing. Then I started to think about 10 years from now would I be able to find something as simple as an air filter. Granted it uses the same filter as a standard fiesta, but people generally think of these as throw-away cars here. 10 years from now I don't think you will see many 2013+ fiestas running around and things will have to be ordered from a warehouse. I think the term cheap parts is subjective. I don't think even now a lot of after-market parts are cheap. Compared to a FoST, I have seen the equivalent parts for our cars cost more than parts for a FoST. I can only assume that it is due to more FoSTs than FiSTs. In either case. What will end up happening is we will turn to the euro market for parts that are interchangeable as they have been on the market there for much longer and in greater quantities. Down side will be shipping.

Member 37 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The consumable parts are not the issue. A fiesta st specific PCM is. Or a body control module that has some ST specific feature. That will be the issue. That space in the IP currently containing the audio/Sync will be ripe for redevelopment when the support and update capability dries up. It will. Kind of a good thing the car itself is actually more entertaining than the entertainment system. I nice sort of irony.

Member 122 Rep Points AzNightmare's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Iqaluit
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, you can't even compare the FiST with other cars like the Mustang.

The Mustang has a long history to it. It has a legacy, and it's still alive and going well. Even non-car enthusiasts know what a "Mustang" is without actually knowing anything about it.

Some enthusiasts don't even know of the FiST's existence. Huge difference.
    This car will leave as quickly as it came. I had hopes that momentum would catch on with the next generation (and generations to come), but that got crushed as soon as they announced the next gen isn't going to make it here.

It's realistic to see vendors not keeping stock on aftermarket parts on a car that isn't really popular (anymore).

Member 37 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fiesta ST was gushed about and lauded in every single enthusiast publication across the print and digital landscape of America. The announcement that the newest generation won't be sent over didn't hurt the popularity. The ST version never sold over 6k units a year. The real demise of Fiesta in North America was the Powershift transaxle debacle.that one really killed Fiesta's reputation with the general public. I don't think it has helped the rep of Focus at all,either.

Member 122 Rep Points AzNightmare's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Iqaluit
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scotman View Post
    The Fiesta ST was gushed about and lauded in every single enthusiast publication across the print and digital landscape of America.
    Well that's kind of the problem... when every review praised this car like no end, and it's still as rare as a unicorn with the general car community ignorant to it. Somehow, consumers weren't convinced and by passed it for other things, like JDM or something with bigger numbers or RWD.

At the end of the day, there's no fanboy following for this car. I hate the whole "fanboy" culture, but a little bit here and there wouldn't hurt. I can't recall the last time I saw a FiST spotted in one of those montage car videos on YouTube, like Krispy Media, Halcyon, Ivy Films, etc.

Member 37 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I think marketing at the retail level totally dropped the ball. Ford saw to it that the Fiesta ST had a huge amount of promotional push. But, the dealer side didnt have any desire to promote it. I tbink that Fiesta ST will have driving enthusiasts to the end. The wbole fanboy thing always seemed to be more centered on buyers who come in early, do alot of costly mods, beat on it till they get bored or blow it up and then move on to the next new toy. I met a local owner at a Subway sanich joint Tuesday. He just bought a 15 Perf blue and tbe clutch was smoked along with the tires. It had several other mods too. Some fanboys loss was this guys gain!

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Scranton
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
    Well that's kind of the problem... when every review praised this car like no end, and it's still as rare as a unicorn with the general car community ignorant to it. Somehow, consumers weren't convinced and by passed it for other things, like JDM or something with bigger numbers or RWD.

At the end of the day, there's no fanboy following for this car. I hate the whole "fanboy" culture, but a little bit here and there wouldn't hurt. I can't recall the last time I saw a FiST spotted in one of those montage car videos on YouTube, like Krispy Media, Halcyon, Ivy Films, etc.
    That's the best part about these cars. They're hidden gems that don't a have volkswagen cult following. I too used to be part of the "fanboy" culture, funny you mention those youtuber's cause my old car appeared in both Kripsy and Halcyon videos, but I've grown out of that stage to where driving is fun, instead of standing next to the lowest car in a parking lot. For me the fiesta brought back the love of driving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123