Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Predicted depreciation of our cars

I've been trying to sell my FiST since around July. I have it listed on CL, OfferUp and LetGo. It's an absolutely babied 2015 with 21k miles on it. Can't even get close to 15k for it. Best offer I got was from Car Sense for 13k. Worst offer was from a local Ford dealer at 12.3k.

These things seem to have depreciated pretty fast.

I wouldn't have even cared as I was going to keep it for the long run, but I have other personal interests.
I'd buy your car if you were in California...

MPA

I tried selling my '15 MO (w/ Recaros) with 28k, and was offered $11k. Autotrader's "sell your car" thing said I should get $12.3, but the dealer came back with a lower offer.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
More especially if you keep a vehicle for ten or more years, resale value also comes into play with insurance claims. They'll be more likely to "total" the vehicle against your wishes, as opposed to repair it.

Personally, rust, and a total lack of quality in after market parts, were the primary things that drove me into parting with my prior vehicle. The original engine was perfectly healthy with over 327k on the clock. But rust had eaten away at key mount points for suspension parts on the body... a death knell.