Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
They still sell bazooka tubes these days? If so where? Im guessing ebay...

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
They still sell bazooka tubes these days? If so where? Im guessing ebay...
lol they are still in demand. You can get it from Amazon, Crutchfield and a host of online audio stores.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
MK so are you happy with the way it sounds? Is the bass over powering the rest of the speakers? Are there any blackholes in the baselines? Does your car rattle alot?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
MK so are you happy with the way it sounds? Is the bass over powering the rest of the speakers? Are there any blackholes in the baselines? Does your car rattle alot?
I like it, it's not over powering as long as I keep the amp levels optimal. It also gives me the option of removing it in the event I needed extra cargo. The factory Sony system does a good job of providing clean bass sound and the only thing that really rattles annoyingly is my license plate frame. Everything else is pretty solid.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I looked on amazon and there are different 10" models. Which one did you get? Also your amp is stereo with the bridged mono option?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
I looked on amazon and there are different 10" models. Which one did you get? Also your amp is stereo with the bridged mono option?
Yeah there are powered and non-powered tubes. The one I purchased is the Bazooka BT1024DVC.

The amp I purchased is the Rockford Fosgate Power T600-2 with 600 watts, but its a bit overkill, you can certainly use any 1-channel amp with around 500 watts (Like this one).

Since it's a 4ohm subwoofer and I've bridged the amp, this is how I wired the Bazooka to the amp. It's important to do it this way or you'll risk blowing the subwoofer.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Cool thanks MK. May get this setup after my intake and exhaust installs.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
Cool thanks MK. May get this setup after my intake and exhaust installs.
Anytime buddy, let me know if you have any other questions.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
@ MKVIIST. Why didn't you just tap into the speaker wires on the same side you ran the power? You were already there.

Also installing my setup right now will post when complete.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
@ MKVIIST. Why didn't you just tap into the speaker wires on the same side you ran the power? You were already there.

Also installing my setup right now will post when complete.
I could have, but I didn't want to bundle too many wires on one side. Looking forward to seeing your project. [twothumb]

I could have, but I didn't want to bundle too many wires on one side. Looking forward to seeing your project. [twothumb]
Also you generally don't want to run low level audio signals parallel to high voltage power wires.

I followed these directions mostly when installing my subs, and had to tap the remote wire into the fuse box. The yellow/brown wire in the drivers side harness looks to be (from the wiring diagrams) a speaker wire? Otherwise very helpful!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Another question. Did your fuse box behind the glovebox have a cover. Mine doesnt but i can tell it needs one

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
Also you generally don't want to run low level audio signals parallel to high voltage power wires.
Yes this was the reason why, I simply forgot to address that this morning.

Another question. Did your fuse box behind the glovebox have a cover. Mine doesnt but i can tell it needs one
No fuse cover.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I've been thinking about doing up a sub, my wiring skills kinda suck though haha
I'll def be using this thread if I decide to do it

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I was looking at the pics and I was like "daaaaaamn that's a big subwoofer". Then I realized... That's the spare tire, lol. I haven't seen that since the day after I bought my car, so i didn't recognize it, lol.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #38
I was looking at the pics and I was like "daaaaaamn that's a big subwoofer". Then I realized... That's the spare tire, lol. I haven't seen that since the day after I bought my car, so i didn't recognize it, lol.
lol, the spare tire compartment actually makes a great place to mount a sub.

I love how the bass tubes are so efficient..You don't need much power, maybe 50watts of clean power for the 8" and 75 for the 10" to have good sound, but you can also make them slam with a good amount of power. I had a pair of 8" tubes a few years back, then upgraded to a Collins 12". It was OMG kinda loud.

I appreciate the detail you put into your thread installs.