Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question. Why didn't you just do a T-Tap into the speaker wires and run high level inputs, then adjust the gain on the amp? Does your amp not take high level inputs? Seems like you could have avoided the hassle of using the PAC adapter and cutting your speaker wires. I am preparing to build an 8" sealed box that will stash nicely under the trunk floor next to the spare and that's what I was planning on doing, since I'm looking at a mono amp with high level inputs as well as low. Just curious as to whether there's a technical reason that I should rethink my plan. I'm also leasing and would prefer not to cut any wires.

Thanks!

Used this to wire my 12" Rockford Fosgate this afternoon, thanks! Thing absolutely knocks. Man I love hatchbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to start to wire up my stereo this week with the help of this post!

Wish me luck, going for a full stereo redo :)

What equipment ya got?
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty
Alpine mrv 535 (5ch amp)
Focal PS 165's (Front speakers)
JL C2 6 1/2 (Rear Speakers)
10" Rockford Fosgate P3 slim sub

It's a mix mash of components that I have collected over the years and is a budget build but when installed and tuned should sound great.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty
Alpine mrv 535 (5ch amp)
Focal PS 165's (Front speakers)
JL C2 6 1/2 (Rear Speakers)
10" Rockford Fosgate P3 slim sub

It's a mix mash of components that I have collected over the years and is a budget build but when installed and tuned should sound great.
Cant wait to see the end result!

Once I wired up my amp and sub, my front air bag light came on. Everything is working as it should and i have no codes. I'm tapped into the yellow/brown wire for on/off. I disconnected it to see if the light would reset, but no luck. Any ideas?

Did you disconnect the seat wiring underneath and maybe it's not fully plugged back in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #92
Once I wired up my amp and sub, my front air bag light came on. Everything is working as it should and i have no codes. I'm tapped into the yellow/brown wire for on/off. I disconnected it to see if the light would reset, but no luck. Any ideas?
Did you severe the wire when you tap into it?

Did you severe the wire when you tap into it?
That's what I was thinking too, so I cut out the spliced area and soldered the clean wires together. Still a no go. I'll be taking it to the dealer for the dreaded clicking a/c so I'll see if they can reset the light. Fixing the severed wire was my last hope. Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

Pull the negative battery cable overnight and see if it will reset, otherwise it should reset after several cold starts and it doesn't see a problem I'd think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

dcope117

Hey guys,

I have a weird issue. So I got everything hooked up and the sub plays fine when the car is in accessory. However when I start the car the sub stops after about 5 seconds. The amp is always on and I tried another speaker and using an RCA - 3.5mm to make sure it wasn't the converter or sub. Any ideas? The amp is an alpine MRP-M500 and a 10' JL sub. Only modifications I have are cobb stage 1 and some wheels.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I have a weird issue. So I got everything hooked up and the sub plays fine when the car is in accessory. However when I start the car the sub stops after about 5 seconds. The amp is always on and I tried another speaker and using an RCA - 3.5mm to make sure it wasn't the converter or sub. Any ideas? The amp is an alpine MRP-M500 and a 10' JL sub. Only modifications I have are cobb stage 1 and some wheels.

Thanks
Which fuse did you use? You might try a different one. I went with the sunroof (I think) fuse, and it plays in accessory/when the car is running, but turns off when the car turns off.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #97
Hey guys,

Thanks
Sounds like you tapped it into perhaps the cabin lights? That's the only thing I can think of that shuts off after 5 seconds from starting.

dcope117

I tapped into the brown/yellow which is the headlights I believe. Like I said the amp stays on even though the sub isn't playing anything. I used some home theater speaker wire for the sub so maybe that could be a problem once the extra power from the car running comes in.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #99
I tapped into the brown/yellow which is the headlights I believe. Like I said the amp stays on even though the sub isn't playing anything. I used some home theater speaker wire for the sub so maybe that could be a problem once the extra power from the car running comes in.
The AMP is supposed to come on even though you aren't playing anything. Basically the remote wire turns on the amp whenever the aux is switched on. I'm not sure how the amp can just shut off after 5 seconds though. Are you wiring the 12v/hot wire directly to the battery per my instructions?

dcope117

No the amp is on. I'm talking about the sub woofer. In accessory mode the sub woofer plays. When I turn the car over the sub woofer plays for about 5-10 seconds and then stops. During all of this the amp is on.