Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Shifter Extension

Trader history for DHM (0)

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Hey Rick, have you ever thought of machining the cup at the bottom of your shift lever so that it fits on the inside of the reverse lock out instead of on the outside? It would make the end look a bit smaller and the radius from the shaft to the cup would transition more smoothly. Just a thought to consider.

Just added the red shift ball. I actually matches the leather, but the sun light is causing me issues with the pic.

How/what do you have that apparatus for holding you AP mounted up. Very intrigued.

Didn't know they made such a thing, tired of the suction cup windshield mount thing I use. Cool and thanks.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Didn't know they made such a thing, tired of the suction cup windshield mount thing I use. Cool and thanks.
I was too and the wiring in general. I bought this and the 90 degree bend Cobb Accessport cable at the same time. I then pulled the console and routed the cable under the console. Now the cable is concealed and stays connected and out of the way.

Curious how the reverse function works with this extension? Is it as easy to access as with the stock handle and knob? If so, I'd love to have a black with bend….!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
Curious how the reverse function works with this extension? Is it as easy to access as with the stock handle and knob? If so, I'd love to have a black with bend….!
It works pretty easy and straight forward your hand wraps around the tapered part of the extension to help aid in the reverse lever. I will hopefully have some more in stock in 2-3 weeks.

Russ

Izzy

TY Russ

Great product...and having a weighted knob on a longer plane helps make the shifts butter smooth. I was able to reach a perfect sitting position thanks to having the shifter closer to me. Also, engaging reverse is just as easy so no need to worry.

Attachments

MOFiST

I got mine today. Pictures dont really do this part justice. Love it.
If I could ask for more it would be even longer with even extra bend. That's just me.
In all the part doesn't look out of place in black in my cabin as my stereo facia is also glossy black.
Reverse is easy to get used to. With an $20 delrin knob and a short shift kit this is full of win imo.

Starting to wish I had a round knob to put on mine they look so much better!

Hmm. This looks pretty good. Definitely going to think about it. Debating on,straight or bent. I have the boomba shifter plate and shifter lever. I like the angle it's at, so I'm thinking straight. Hmmm

Haha speak of the devil, it just arrived today. I just threw it on and I love it. Took around half and hour to get used to.

I'm thinking of getting a different shift knob now that's a little lighter than the Boomba oval knob. I might even splurge and get the full Boomba short shifter kit now that the level is longer!