Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
+1 for boomba making an OCC and sooner than later. please say this is in the works.
also want the spacers.

Has anyone looked into water decarbonizing the intake? it works for pistons.

The 11k fist didn't. It was an almost bone stock car with a warranty, a catch can would likely cause a warranty issue if the rear wheel bearing went out ( ignore my anti-ford warranty complaints, lol )
I'm scared of what they will say when they see my modifications. I have to take it in for an oil change soon.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Does this just space out the intake manifold or does it change the shape of the plenum to smooth the flow into the ports? I know on the Fost the manifold and head don't mate up perfectly, causing a step/wall and subsequent turbulent flow.

Having the spacer smoothly transition between the two shapes can definitely improve things.

Is that what's happening here or is it literally just extending the shape of the intake manifold another 1cm or so without adapting to the head port size/shape?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Does this just space out the intake manifold or does it change the shape of the plenum to smooth the flow into the ports? I know on the Fost the manifold and head don't mate up perfectly, causing a step/wall and subsequent turbulent flow.

Having the spacer smoothly transition between the two shapes can definitely improve things.

Is that what's happening here or is it literally just extending the shape of the intake manifold another 1cm or so without adapting to the head port size/shape?
No one really knows except boomba as actual pictures haven't been released yet. To me, as long as the intake manifold, spacer and the intake ports on the head line up perfectly, I'm happy. Now, I wouldn't be happy if the alignment was off as just like you said...turbulence would be caused. From the parts that I've bought and received from boomba, I will say that there quality is top notch.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I just don't see how this tiny increase in intake volume makes this large of a difference in torque without actually cleaning up flow. Quite impressive either way though.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I just don't see how this tiny increase in intake volume makes this large of a difference in torque without actually cleaning up flow. Quite impressive either way though.
I can't speak for the FiST but on the Mustangs that I've modded in the past, intake mani/ plenum length made quite a difference depending on the amount of increase or decrease in volume. Those were also naturally aspirated vice the FiST being boosted. I guess we will see when the spacers come out, lol. I do plan on matching everything up when I recieve them and cleaning up the intake mani if necessary.

iso100

1000 Post Club
The dyno is compelling though. And for those wanting to do meth injection it's a no brainer.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The dyno is compelling though. And for those wanting to do meth injection it's a no brainer.
No doubt and I'm excited myself...which isn't too difficult, lol. I'm also curious to check out my intake valves as this will give me a reason to pull it apart.

HaveBlue83

shit. i thought the FiST did better with the DI oil issues. im at 15K I need to get an OCC before it gets bad. I sold my FoST with the CC on it. dammit.

Boomba.....get us a bolt on OCC and we shall buy it. it's much easier that the FoST PCV line to get to for hookup.