Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Impressive gains, but I'm curious how normal drivability is affected given the 20 ft-lb loss of power from 2000-2700 rpm. Is there anyway to do a run that shows from 1000RPM? Wondering how much more of a loss there is from 1000-2000RPM. I also wonder if having a tune stage 1,2 or 3 might help with the torque loss down low since it gets rid of the boost limiter in 1st gear. I'm just afraid taking off and low speed driving would be affected enough to negate the benefit of that torque increase in the mid range. It must feel like a monster when it hits though!!!

Boomba,

Did you experiment with different thicknesses on the dyno, work from a calculated dimension, or confined to what fit in the engine bay? Just wondering?

Also, will the spacers come with instructions like other Boomba products? Install time?

Thanks.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Impressive gains, but I'm curious how normal drivability is affected given the 20 ft-lb loss of power from 2000-2700 rpm. Is there anyway to do a run that shows from 1000RPM? Wondering how much more of a loss there is from 1000-2000RPM. I also wonder if having a tune stage 1,2 or 3 might help with the torque loss down low since it gets rid of the boost limiter in 1st gear. I'm just afraid taking off and low speed driving would be affected enough to negate the benefit of that torque increase in the mid range. It must feel like a monster when it hits though!!!
Where did it lose power down low? It gained in both hp and tq from low to mid rpm. The difference you see prior to the gains is just the difference in when they started dynoing/ went wot.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Not a big deal to me apparently is to Boston
Yeah, in that rpm before they go wot, there will always be variations and they are neither gains or losses. When I'm on the dyno, we always seem to trigger the dyno to start reading 500 or so rpm's before going wot to ensure that it is reading. This isn't directed to you...mainly to Boston so that he knows it isnt a loss :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
That cool I didn't know it was like that learn something new everyday
FYI, it's not good for the engine to drop the hammer at really low rpm. I personally try to at least be at 2500 rpm or higher. Others may have varied opinions.

Wonder how much of a diff it will make if you have a stage 3 and pro tune if you will get bigger gains from these

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Boomba,

Did you experiment with different thicknesses on the dyno, work from a calculated dimension, or confined to what fit in the engine bay? Just wondering?

Also, will the spacers come with instructions like other Boomba products? Install time?

Thanks.
According to boomba, they were making a video for the install. Also, I have always gotten instructions with their products and they always post them on their site :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Wonder how much of a diff it will make if you have a stage 3 and pro tune if you will get bigger gains from these
I'm gonna find out when I get the spacers :) it will be with E30 though so it may not give a good number for everyone to compare to.

Don't have a tune yet waiting to get back from vacation and hopefully it will be a little warmer than -9 getting sick of the cold weather

Yeah, in that rpm before they go wot, there will always be variations and they are neither gains or losses. When I'm on the dyno, we always seem to trigger the dyno to start reading 500 or so rpm's before going wot to ensure that it is reading. This isn't directed to you...mainly to Boston so that he knows it isnt a loss :)
I stand corrected then. I didn't think about throttle input before you go WOT. I was just looking at the 2 curves and the resulting numbers at that bottom and noticed that the numbers at the bottom showed a loss of 20 ft lb as the min gain.

since that's not the case, now the question is how much are they? I'm in for a group buy!!!

in for a group buy..
(and a hoodie??)

/random sidenote
met up with a guy from chicago (forget his name sadly) but has a ingot FoST sponsored by boomba. pretty cool dude. he's down in houston texas area now