Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #322
Just curious but can you share any customer before/after dynos for these spacers?
Here is a customer "after" shot

"Here's some numbers from one of our customer's cars that was pro-tuned by Mueller Motorwerks in Wisconsin. He is running a Cobb intercooler with piping, our intake spacer and throttle body spacer, catted downpipe, and Cobb intake. These are his numbers on a Mustang dyno tuned for 93 octane gas. 194 WHP / 263 TQ

"

Here is a customer "after" shot

"Here's some numbers from one of our customer's cars that was pro-tuned by Mueller Motorwerks in Wisconsin. He is running a Cobb intercooler with piping, our intake spacer and throttle body spacer, catted downpipe, and Cobb intake. These are his numbers on a Mustang dyno tuned for 93 octane gas. 194 WHP / 263 TQ

"
Cool, thank you. I ordered my pair of spacers last week and should be installing them this weekend. Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well I got my tbody spacer + manifold spacer combo in the other day and finally got around to opening it but it looks like the box is short one peice because there's no throttle body spacer in there. Halp.

Shmi

Emailed support and they are shipping one out to me. Glad they resolved it quick with no questions asked so here's another bump for great customer service!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #327
All colors in stock available and ready to ship, increase your hp and torque with our throttle body and intake manifold spacer combo.

Bluedrank

Here's a bump because Boomba is awesome. But seriously, the throttle body spacer looks pretty easy to do as far as I can tell. For those running just the throttle body spacer, how do you like it? Is it a noticeable and worthwhile mod?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #329
Here's a bump because Boomba is awesome. But seriously, the throttle body spacer looks pretty easy to do as far as I can tell. For those running just the throttle body spacer, how do you like it? Is it a noticeable and worthwhile mod?
Thanks for the bump! Yea, the TB spacer on its own isn't a very difficult installation. The manifold spacer is by far the more challenging part of the installation.

Peterson

Premium Account
Installed, and very enjoyed already!

I am not as far along the modification list as some of you but I did notice the difference. I have a Cobb CBE, RMM, Panel Filter, & AccessPort running the Stage 1 93 octane tune, stock rubber on 15.5 lb lightweight wheels, and the Boomba BOV spacer.

2J-Racing Cowl Intake & Race Downpipe on order. FMIC upgrade after that.

The install was long and, at times, extremely tedious. My advice to you all... set aside plenty of time, have a friend available at times, and make sure you have the right tools to complete the job. It took me about 4 1/2 hours. My hands are all kinds of cut up from the extremely tight spaces and sharp edges. There are also a couple of misprints in the Boomba Install Manual. My FiST is a 2015 so the bolt sizes may be different than theirs, but the intake manifold removal section (#24 on the pdf) says the bolts are M6 & M8. I found they are M8 & M10. Additionally, the vent clips for me were just squeeze-released, unlike their instructions to rotate it to the left then pull it out. One suggestion I will make is before you reinstall the intake manifold, go ahead and attach the throttle body spacer first. It's not in a very convenient location to hold and feed screws into. Let alone the next part (which is attaching the throttle body to the spacer, which took me to the limits of my already waning sanity); for whatever reason, I couldn't get the bolts to initially grab. Eventually I fed them in from the bottom, using three extension pieces and a twerking video's worth of wobble. But hey, it worked.

Hope this helps, and I'd be glad to answer any questions you guys have!

Got mine in. Can't drive until tonight. A few install tips off the top of my head. First, I still have my sound symposer and that thing was a headache to remove and won't fit in the grommet on the intake manifold anymore. I plan on getting rid of it after I get an exhaust anyway. That was probably the only thing that slowed my progress. Second, was to not remove the large vent line from underneath the intake manifold that connects to the valve cover. You remove the top connection, of course, but leave the bottom one in place. The other two vent lines that have both connections on top should be removed completely. Third, you can use a 1/4 inch, 6 sided socket to remove that male torx stud on the alternator. Fourth, when they say don't tighten the upper alternator bolts when reinstalling, they really mean it. Barely start them or you'll have a hard time getting the bottom bolt in. Other than that, everything went smoothly Typical Boomba quality regarding the parts. Can't wait to drive it. Reset my KAM just in case. Oh yeah, if you have a compressor, blow off any dirt that may have collected in the area between the intake manifold and head as soon as you remove the engine cover. That will keep any dirt from falling into your intake ports when you remove the intake manifold. Enjoy your spacer and be prepared to get depressed when you see how gummed up your valves look.
bookmarked this too!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
What's the power increase from making air travel an extra inch and a half ?

Right, it's on the front page

But then again, if everyone was gaining 20ftlbs and decent hp including all of the happy meal stage 3 items, why wouldn't it just essentially be rolled into calling it part of a stage 3?

I'm apprehensive but curious. I'd love to see more than one car on a dyno and love to see some before and after numbers and long term numbers. I believe it was somewhere in here, on a stock car making changes in volume sometimes tricks the computer to throw some more power until it "gets used to it" as a mod.

My finger keeps hovering on the purchase button, but we don't have hardly any full bolt on cars on here with this on them (from what I see), so it makes me wonder what gains it makes past a stock car

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #335
Right, it's on the front page

But then again, if everyone was gaining 20ftlbs and decent hp including all of the happy meal stage 3 items, why wouldn't it just essentially be rolled into calling it part of a stage 3?

I'm apprehensive but curious. I'd love to see more than one car on a dyno and love to see some before and after numbers and long term numbers. I believe it was somewhere in here, on a stock car making changes in volume sometimes tricks the computer to throw some more power until it "gets used to it" as a mod.

My finger keeps hovering on the purchase button, but we don't have hardly any full bolt on cars on here with this on them (from what I see), so it makes me wonder what gains it makes past a stock car
Let us answer some common questions about these. In the dyno graphs we advertise on our website, there is no special tuning we're using for the gains. The car is running the exact same tune without the spacers as it is with the spacers. In order to see a decent gain from these spacers, we do recommend running some sort of tune, though (even a stage 1 OTS). This is because if you are running the stock tune, the vehicle hits torque targeting and prevents it from seeing any extra power added. Any sort of aftermarket tune has the torque targeting removed.

There is no "getting used to it" period for the vehicle. The car will realize the added airflow/velocity from these pieces instantly. The FiST uses two MAP sensors to monitor vacuum/boost and does a good job adjusting for change in airflow.

If you've got further questions, let us know!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bump... just curious if anyone has done just the throttle body, tried it and then did the manifold spacer later... Just curious of the ~$60 for the throttle body spacer alone and it's much easier install is worth it or really need to do the manifold spacer too.