Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spring install-fest

How many people out there are installing parts as they get them or hoarding them for a spring time install?

I am making a stockpile myself, here goes.

FYI My car is a 2014 MO with only an AP and RMM installed so far.

First, the things I don't have going yet.

Coilovers - Still trying to decide between KW and BC
CF Vented hood & Boomba spacers - not released yet

Have in my hands or somewhere in the delivery pipeline.

GT2560R with a GTX style billet compressor wheel (w/ panda tune)
Puma tubular header (quick spool) with swain tech ceramic coating
Wilwood brake kit (all 4 corners) with gt rotors and DD pads for now
All new powerflex suspension bushings
2J cowl intake(w/ map extension wires)
new 4x100 hubs (wilwoods redrilled too)
Advan RZ Wheels (bronze) in 16x8 +38 (13.6 lbs each)
Direzza II star spec (225/45/16)
Triple R front spliter
Quaife LSD
Cobb Intake, TBE (w/ hangers), FMIC + piping
Front & Rear sway bars
Pierce upper strut bar, 6 point lower stress bar
Boomba shifter & adapter & bushings
Boomba sym delete
Boomba wing riser

premium fluids and such of course, might be forgetting some smaller stuff)

plus if if parts keep coming up i may keep buying....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sounds like you will be busy once it warms up :) Look forward to following your build thread .. You do have a build thread right ?? hehe Nice Choice of MOD's BTW [loveboost]

OP
W
Thread Starter #4
Sounds like you will be busy once it warms up :) Look forward to following your build thread .. You do have a build thread right ?? hehe Nice Choice of MOD's BTW [loveboost]
Thanks, no build thread yet. My thought was if I do it all at once it will be easier than taking the same parts off several times.

I spent a lot of time deciding on what turbo to build and what wheels to use.
Racing 16x8 are very limited and I am curious how the bronze will look on molten orange. Since they are special order from Japan its a 3 month wait so I will find out end of Feb.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sounds like a good plan as once you get it opened up to do the turbo you might as well drop the trans for the LSD install .. let me know if you need anything as I have been thru the Quaife install and love to be of help if needed.. :)
Wheels sound very intriging too ..

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just ordered my Cobb exhaust, hangers and intake from ModBargains. I was going to wait for the Spring to install them but I might end up just putting them on now. Screw it, right.

But those are little things compared to your list. Good luck man! I always welcome another build thread.

LT Berzerker

By the title I though you were having a group of fiesta owners meeting up for a lowering spring installation fiesta.... Lol... Oops, only TD 1.2's for me ;)

I was going to wait till spring and then I warmed up the garage and started instaling parts couldent just look at them anymore off the car

OP
W
Thread Starter #9
Thought I would post some pics before turbo and header went out for upgrades/coatings.

Pumpaspeed header on a 2560r on a cobb dp. All mates up nicely and ports match up perfectly.

IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1373.jpg IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1375.JPG

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
So looking forward to see how this spools and the numbers you get from it .. Looks well made and ease to install I bet :) hope you post lots of build thread pics here it be fun :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
And Koni STR.Ts waiting on the spring list. I went with STR.Ts over the Yellows because mine isn't a car that will spend a lot of time on the track, but I did want an improvement.

MOFiST

And Koni STR.Ts waiting on the spring list. I went with STR.Ts over the Yellows because mine isn't a car that will spend a lot of time on the track, but I did want an improvement.
I really want an upgrade to these struts. I also wanna keep my springs as ride height is a practical concern to me. Very keen to hear your feedback on these? I had been waiting for Bilsteins as they are built to last not like the throw away twin tube items. But these are cheap enough so could be a worth while compromise.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I really want an upgrade to these struts. I also wanna keep my springs as ride height is a practical concern to me. Very keen to hear your feedback on these? I had been waiting for Bilsteins as they are built to last not like the throw away twin tube items. But these are cheap enough so could be a worth while compromise.
There is word, albeit little, on these here on the forums. From what I've gathered, they do maintain ride height, as that was one of my concerns as well. They are also more balanced when it comes to bound/rebound, which not only improves ride comfort but performance as well. As I said, they've been reviewed here, so those sentiments are not my personal experience.

OP
W
Thread Starter #18
Finally decided on coilovers, ordered BC coilovers with swift springs.

Also got my cartridge back from upgrades, here is a picture of the new billet GTX style wheel next to the old cast wheel. IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1396.jpg IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1398.JPG