Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bov question/ help

Ok guys try not to crucify me on this one but quick question. Most turbo cars in the market you can get many different aftermarket bov or diverted valves for fiesta at doesn't seem like any are offered ? What is the difference in the engineering with this car ? Now I see that boomba adapter some people have how exactaly does this work? It's not a bov right? It's just going in line to by pass the factory system ? And if it's doing that and the vehicle is suppose to vent the air back in wouldnt this throw a cel because it's now not seeing it as it's being vta?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
In the past, most turbo systems were add-ons to an existing engine.
So BOVs and such were just installed in the plumbing.
Today turbo systems are engine specific and therefore more exact mounting is required by the manufacturer.
Other than that, they still work the same way.

Again in days gone by, un-needed blow off air was just vented to the atmosphere and the traditional turbo sound was born.
Today with turbo systems being common place in family cars, the un-needed air is vented back into the system for noise control.

The simple answer is NO it will not turn on the MIL.

This has been discussed to great length elsewhere in this forum.
But from those that have had this bypass installed, including myself, it has never turned on the MIL or diminished the performance.
Yes, all it does is bypass the system and vent the un-needed air to atmosphere.

Dave

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the input Dave. So when the engine is completly stock there is a diverted that plumbs it back in ? And that part is staying intact your just adding the adapter to it ?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
YES,
The OE diverter valve stays in.
The bypass adapter is added to it.
So when the OE diverter opens the blow off air is mostly vented to atmosphere and you get the sound.

Dave

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Gottcha. I'll prob order one i personally like the sound lol sounds cool Im sure some don't but hey cheap mod to make some noise I guess

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just wanted to add to Dave's great info that on our cars the blow of valve is built into the Turbo and if you Upgrade your turbo make sure the new turbo system has this accounted for when you bolt it up.. My EFR from Borg Warner has a internal blow off system but it uses an air pressure system (Vac/Boost) off the Intake manifold vs the electric type our cars use. Nothing bad just a different way of doing the same thing..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Personally I find noises like that annoying after a few short time but to each his own but good to know you can go either way without issue:)

I also like it quiet so my vehicles fly under the radar a bit more, look good, sound good, just very loud so as avoid to much attention from the "tax collectors" making money for their citys, counties and states when they should be out fighting crime.

---------------

Of course do as you wish, seems I noticed a picture of a vented cover for an EFR unit recently;)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I noticed a picture of a vented cover for an EFR unit recently;)
Did you mean you didn't notice the CRV (Compressor Recirculation Valve)?
Anyways the BW info says you need to pick up a signal after the throttle body so it see full vac and boost and it only needs a 6mm line to connect they do make a block off kit if you wanted to go old school and add a BOV to the system and get the desire Phhhssssst sound those old group b cars used to make way back when.. But then I am dating myself again most peeps today thing of F&F eclipses.
Back on topic
I think the Boomba Option is a great add on and easy to do for those that like it ... Me I like a sleeper type econobox ;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I thought I saw a cover for the recirc with a bunch of holes in it when you showed the picture of all the parts, manifold, DP, etc......as it an option to vent the stock EFR valve, perhaps it was for something else but what?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I thought I saw a cover for the recirc with a bunch of holes in it when you showed the picture of all the parts, manifold, DP, etc......as it an option to vent the stock EFR valve, perhaps it was for something else but what?
Yes PERON uses at reg blow off valve on there Kit hence the cover. I chose to stay with the BW unit for ease of install and stealth..
But this should be discussed in a different thread at some point

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool and I agree and will do the same:)

The whole turbo is an amazing design package as the internal WG was engineered so we do not need an external which saves time on the build, less weight, less to go wrong, less cost and the recirc is another part that just works really well and has the same advantages.

I "ass-ummed" you had ordered the part I saw so you could hear it vent, I should of asked:)

MOFiST

Personally I find noises like that annoying after a few short time but to each his own but good to know you can go either way without issue:)

I also like it quiet so my vehicles fly under the radar a bit more, look good, sound good, just very loud so as avoid to much attention from the "tax collectors" making money for their citys, counties and states when they should be out fighting crime.

---------------

Of course do as you wish, seems I noticed a picture of a vented cover for an EFR unit recently;)
A side question does your beer can intake give you any BOV noise?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The intake is pretty quiet actually, more than I thought it might be and I have not noticed an BOV noise though it might have a bit at times. When under full boost the intake sounds great, just right:)