Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

I wanted to get a running journal of all the issues everyone has brought their cars into the dealer for fixes and repairs. So if you have had any work performed, please post them here so that we can help diagnose issues for others.

Please use this preferred format: (Optional)

Problem:
Clutch rattle.

Did they resolve the problem?
Yes.

Details of repairs / diagnostics:
Replaced clutch.

Mileage:
5500 Miles

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
I'll start

Problem:
I took my car in for panel rattle issues and moon-roof leak noises.

Yes.

Dealer added padding to the a-pillar panels and readjusted the moon-roof seals.

Mileage:
3200 Miles

Problem: Car shut off and wouldn't start.

Did they resolve problem?
Yes

Fuel pump/sender failed koeo low pressure test. Replaced fuel pump.

Mileage:

Kyaris

Problem:
Hiccups and rough idle after filling up gas tank.

Yes.

Replaced vapor management valve assembly.

Mileage:
16500 Km
Is this a standard repair? Mine normally does this and actually stalled yesterday after refueling and if this can be done for me I want to get on it.

Is this a standard repair? Mine normally does this and actually stalled yesterday after refueling and if this can be done for me I want to get on it.
Not sure. I would definitely mention it as a possible source.

Welcome to the forum, Kyaris!

Have you been to your dealer to have this checked out? Please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

Let's see, cowl taking in snow and freezing fans, 2 dealer trips at around 12k miles.
Same time had the door speakers replaced from rattling.
My ford touch problems.
I've had the clunking shifter problems since day one and I'm afraid to have them look at it (dont trust they know what to fix)
Problems that were my fault at around 15k miles I hit a curb at about 5-10 mph. I have been to the dealer 4 times now having 1 tie rod replaced. The first time I went the tech spent almost two hours trying to get the OE tie rod off..... I had to show them theres a tool to take it off. I don't know what he did but the car shakes when braking and drives "drunk" like when the front right wheel touches any road difference it pulls the car that direction.
Going to try and call tomorrow and say I want it fixed. There's no reason a simple curb hit is this hard to figure out. I'm extremely frustrated at this point, and hate driving the car right now. [emoji20]

Kyaris

Welcome to the forum, Kyaris!

Have you been to your dealer to have this checked out? Please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

Hey Meagan,

I finally got around to bringing it in for my 15k mile maintenance. My current mileage is 15581.

I'm currently at my dealership service center--the guy at check-in said he was not familiar with the issue at all and was only going by the recalls by VIN. We'll have to see what the technician says.

I'll follow up and let you know.

Kyaris

Hey Meagan,

I finally got around to bringing it in for my 15k mile maintenance. My current mileage is 15581.

I'm currently at my dealership service center--the guy at check-in said he was not familiar with the issue at all and was only going by the recalls by VIN. We'll have to see what the technician says.

I'll follow up and let you know.
We're scheduled to look at it tomorrow. Today we just did the 15K maintenance. I'll update again.

We're scheduled to look at it tomorrow. Today we just did the 15K maintenance. I'll update again.
Thanks for letting me know, Kyaris. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll look into this and see how I can help get you running smooth again.

Nick

The adhesive on my driver's side side skirt is peeling off. The side skirt in front of the rear wheel (driver side) is starting to detatch. Looks like I'll need to call my dealership and have them fix it. I'd hate for this thing to completely come off while driving...

I'm at ~6300 miles.

masonsturbos

My shifter has been clunky since day one as well. I have a piece of what looks like is rubber tape coming from behind the a pillar trim piece. A boost pipe clamp is bad as when I tried to tighten it, it just jumped grooves. I'm taking the car in tomorrow and will address all the problems.
Now at 710 miles

I'll be taking it to suntrup kirkwood

Update: made an appointment for Tuesday. They are going to fix my a pillar, check my shifter linkages- the clunk where ever it may be from-, as well as check for boost leaks. The guy seemed very knowledgeable and is going to get me a rental so they can look at extent of the damage.

Update: here at ford, the guy basically just pulled the piece sticking out of the trim and said, yeah we will fix that for you hah. They are going to listen to shifting and check boost clamps as well. Wish me luck. I hope they don't just tell me everything checked.

Everything was alright, they fixed the trim piece and checked everything. Even rode along and listened to my shifting with me driving. The mechanic said it was normal.

Problem:
Surprise random overheating, 2 times in an hour, then a full weekend following of no drama

Yes.

Replaced ECT sensor, coolant was leaking through (not around) the sensor, dealership thinks that the engine did not actually overheat, but was the sensor screwing up.

Mileage:
7300 Miles

masonsturbos

Problem: 2500 miles- ac does not come on:
90 degrees yesterday and my ac comp didn't turn on so I had no ac.

This morning it is 68 and the ac is on, hmm good think I have an appointment for Monday.

Fix: no,
There is a Special service announcement on newer model fiestas regarding the air condition compressor.
44972 is the number on the announcement

Chris G

The adhesive on my driver's side side skirt is peeling off. The side skirt in front of the rear wheel (driver side) is starting to detatch. Looks like I'll need to call my dealership and have them fix it. I'd hate for this thing to completely come off while driving...

I'm at ~6300 miles.
[MENTION=2216]5nowman[/MENTION] - did they fix your issue? I'm starting to run into a similar one.

[MENTION=2216]5nowman[/MENTION] - did they fix your issue? I'm starting to run into a similar one.
Yeah, I took it in and had the dealer's bodyshop fix it as a "We Owe" while I had some other insurance work to fix the car from a break-in attempt (replaced door panel and pulled out 2 small dents).