Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mounting your AP3

The only thing I'm wondering about is with the extension like we ordered if they'll be a little more shaky being longer.

Dang it you guys got me to buy one. I want it mounted on the side window too and out of the way. LOL

I ordered one of these in case the one stuck on top of my MFT falls off in the summer...

The AP magnetic holder should just clip right on via the dual slots.

Edit:
Here's my current one:

I ended up using the longer one as seen here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EU9EIY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Both mounts are extremely solid and it takes some force to manipulate the arm. Feels basically as sturdy as the double side tape option, but won't let go over time. The only play in the mount is where the two slots on the magnetic mount slide into the ball side, no way around that one. I hid the OBDII cable behind the dash and zip tied it out of that way making sure there was no interference with pedals, tilt and telescoping of the wheel.

A few photos:

IMG_2579 by T_Forde, on Flickr

IMG_2576 by T_Forde, on Flickr

IMG_2577 by T_Forde, on Flickr

I really like that placement. I think I'm gonna copy that idea. Also, does anyone know if the Piano Black option for the AP is an exact match to the factory black bezel around the sony sound switches? thanks

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-HLCRIO102-Windshield-Dashboard-Packaging/dp/B007FHX9OK

Same one as my phone - works great as the connection for the AP is iPod sized and has no interference with the holder. The suction cup is the best part - this shit isn't coming off unless you want it to. And even then you'll fight with it. After 12 months and multiple sunny days I peeled it off my Tundra dash and there isn't any marks. Happy with that.

Very easy to place in the holder and remove - once again, happy with how it opens and closes and also the suction cup (thing is freaking insane!).

I ended up using the longer one as seen here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EU9EIY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Both mounts are extremely solid and it takes some force to manipulate the arm. Feels basically as sturdy as the double side tape option, but won't let go over time. The only play in the mount is where the two slots on the magnetic mount slide into the ball side, no way around that one. I hid the OBDII cable behind the dash and zip tied it out of that way making sure there was no interference with pedals, tilt and telescoping of the wheel.
I ordered this same one and plan on mounting it in the same way. My only concern (not having the AP in my hand yet and not knowing how it sits in the cradle) is the AP coming out of the cradle and flying out the window. I drive with my windows down a lot.

I ordered this same one and plan on mounting it in the same way. My only concern (not having the AP in my hand yet and not knowing how it sits in the cradle) is the AP coming out of the cradle and flying out the window. I drive with my windows down a lot.
I wouldn't worry about that. The AP is held into the cradle securely with magnets and if that somehow failed the OBDII cable would prevent it from going anywhere far.

I used the Arkon goose neck mount for a while but I couldn't stand the shaking. I ended up with a vent mount and I think I'm sticking with this until someone else comes up with a better one that doesn't cost a lot. You can twist and adjust the mounting points and it goes well with our angular vents.

Found it on Amazon.

[MENTION=1265]MMMTRBO[/MENTION]

Any trouble with keeping the mount suctioned to the little driver's side window? I have the same mount but the damn thing keeps falling off at the suction cup. I ended up sticking it to the windshield in the lower left corner but I'm concerned about the legality of that position, being in California and what not.

Any trouble with keeping the mount suctioned to the little driver's side window? I have the same mount but the damn thing keeps falling off at the suction cup. I ended up sticking it to the windshield in the lower left corner but I'm concerned about the legality of that position, being in California and what not.
Mine stays put, been driving with the windows down and everything.

Mines been there since When I first got it. I've gone close to 2k miles with it and havent had to mess with it at all.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-HLCRIO102-Windshield-Dashboard-Packaging/dp/B007FHX9OK

Same one as my phone - works great as the connection for the AP is iPod sized and has no interference with the holder. The suction cup is the best part - this shit isn't coming off unless you want it to. And even then you'll fight with it. After 12 months and multiple sunny days I peeled it off my Tundra dash and there isn't any marks. Happy with that.

Very easy to place in the holder and remove - once again, happy with how it opens and closes and also the suction cup (thing is freaking insane!).
No access port here but I have the same mount for my phone. Some impressions for potential shoppers.

Grips very strong to the window. Good for a single car as it's tricky to remove the mount from the car. Super quick and easy attach/detach for your device, especially how it grabs the device for you. Pretty secure grip on your device. Good angle adjustability.

Says it can be mounted to the dash material. Many have had luck but personally that makes me nervous as the grip is strong not just from a suction standpoint but from a sticky standpoint. I'd stick to glass.

Seems better suited to thin devices like phones but if others have had good luck with it grasping the AP I'd say this is a great option.

I'd be careful sticking the iOttie mount directly to the soft dash. It leaves a nice indent/footprint that won't easily go away, if ever, depending on how long you've got it there.