Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Volume buttons not working on steering wheel

Volume buttons stopped working on the steering wheel yesterday. The car has been shut off and turned back on a few times, but they're still not working.

Left and right, and the voice command button still work, but volume up or down does not work.

Anyone run into this? My guess is that it's a software glitch, because I can't imagine the wiring for just up and down stopped working.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Try using a little electrical contact cleaner with a dispenser tube for getting into tight places. Lightly spray around the buttons on your steering wheel, and wipe up any excess that gets on leather, as this stuff will dry it out.

me32

1000 Post Club
Try restting the my touch system. If that doesnt work you may need to go back to ford.

Try restting the my touch system. If that doesnt work you may need to go back to ford.
+1 on the reset. My Raptor use to have the same problem every blue moon. None to report yet in the FiST!

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
+1 on the reset. My Raptor use to have the same problem every blue moon. None to report yet in the FiST!
I haven't reset it yet, but I think it happened after I stalled my car while I was on a Bluetooth phone call. I restarted my car and the person on the other end could no longer hear me. I'm guessing that caused the goofy stuff. I'll update this thread if a reset fixes the issue.

Hey guys, not usually one to revive an old thread, but I've just recently had this issue in my '14 ST. I've tried resetting the system twice now to no avail. Everything works fine except for the volume control. Any thoughts?