Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Fiesta ST gas pedal lift spacer - Improve heel/toe technique

Trader history for no-pistons (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAD

Got the 1/4" spacer from no-piston this week and installed. I used to have the ASD spacer as well. I also have OMP aftermarket pedals installed. So this is the comparison between the thinnest and thickest spacers.

For daily drive wise, ASD spacer is easier to heel-toe as you don't need to pressed the brake as much. On the other hand, the rise could be intrusive to foot and seating position, but you would get used to it. One thing about ASD spacer that worries me is I won't be able to blip the throttle when on the track as I fully press down the brake pedal.

No-piston's spacer is least intrusive spacer of all. You would still feel the raise, but the foot position is more natural since its closer to stock position. It improves my heel-toe during daily drive as well, but you need to press the brake deeper than ASD. But the raise still makes it simpler to blip the throttle. Also, I think the spacer is better for track day use. As a result, this is how the car should come in stock.

Summary:
Daily drive- ASD > No-piston
On Track - No-piston>>>ASD
Comfort- No-piston>>>>>>>>>>>>>ASD
Price- No-piston>>ASD

Since I only have the 1/4" spacer, I won't be able to compare it to the 3/8". But I think its more of a personal preference in the end. 1/4" is definitely enough for me.

No-piston's spacer is a must buy!

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #106
Just installed mine. We will see how it is on my drive down to the SD meet.
Nice! Let us know how you like it, Chris.

Let me get his attention.
[MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION] you have a new customer.
Haha thanks CanadianGuy! [thumb]

PM inbound Joshb120

Chris G

I like it. I am not sure if it improves my heel/toe attempts but it is nice for the pedal to be level with the brake pedal and clutch pedal. For $22 this thing is an absolute no brainer.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just installed mine today and it's more of a subtle change than I imagined it would be but I still like it. My pedal sits a little below the brake pedal now; it's not in line with it. But like I said, still like it and totally worth the money.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I like it. I am not sure if it improves my heel/toe attempts but it is nice for the pedal to be level with the brake pedal and clutch pedal. For $22 this thing is an absolute no brainer.
mine is in the mail. I now have a huge box of goodies for the car. If the car does not get here soon it will be awkward.[shhh]

I'm really happy with mine as well. Easy install, and it just makes enough of a difference. Keep up the good work [MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION]

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #111
Thanks guys! I'm Really excited to hear that you guys like the spacers.

I also I wanted to add that I've personally had to adjust my heel-toe technique/position compared with previous cars that I've own/driven. At first, the FiST was a real pain to heel-toe for me, but with the added spacer combined with practicing, I've become a heel-toe addict, just looking for any chance to down shift haha. [driving]

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #113
Oh yeah? Any suggestions? :)
On my R50 Mini Cooper, I was able to twist my foot and literally heel-toe (toe on brake, heel on gas) no problem at all. With the layout on the FiST I'm not really able to do that well. What I do is place my foot in between the two pedals and roll my foot to blip the gas while I'm on the brakes. With the spacer bringing the pedals more level to each other, this technique became much easier to do. Hope that makes sense.

Hello, I'm interested in one of these. I tried sending a PM, but since I'm new here I think it might be preventing me from doing so.
Maybe PM me your email address so I can get in touch and send you billing info.

FistSt215

My fist will be my new daily driver in couple of months , so I might be interested in this . Will this be available in a few months ?

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #117
Hello, I'm interested in one of these. I tried sending a PM, but since I'm new here I think it might be preventing me from doing so.
Maybe PM me your email address so I can get in touch and send you billing info.
PMed you back

My fist will be my new daily driver in couple of months , so I might be interested in this . Will this be available in a few months ?
Yeah, probably. However, the price will need to go up a little on the next batch.

Wouldn't blame you for bumping the price. I'd pay a few extra if needed. Sorry I never pmed you back about ordering... Car has been in the shop for over a week now...

Status
Not open for further replies.