Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Antenna Delete

Thought I'd post this. I know there are replacements like shorty antenna's or shark fins, but potentially for nothing, you can get rid of the antenna by taking it off. I did it for shits and giggles and to my surprise still get great reception in my area at least. Realizing that this may not be the case for everyone, but I'm taking it. Now Charmander doesn't look like a freaking RC car with that ugly antenna on top. And, if you're just using Sirius, you'll get that everywhere you go anyway (except tunnels, garages, bridges, etc).

FocusMike

You have any pictures? Also Sirius uses a separate antenna than the one in the rear so it won't affect satllite reception.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I had nothing to do one day so I made it.

Dave

OP
Connor
Thread Starter #7
And what did you do with the hole in the roof?
Or did you just remove the mast?

I like my Custom Shorty.

Dave
Just the mast. Basically your pick with just he black box on top. I figured I would lose reception but didn't.

You have any pictures? Also Sirius uses a separate antenna than the one in the rear so it won't affect satllite reception.
The Sirius antenna is in the base. That's why the base is the size it is. Otherwise it'd look like the European antenna mount:

anticon

Has anyone removed the whole antenna assembly on the roof, and got some sort of plug for the hole? I kind of think the whole thing is an eyesore, and I cant stand listening to the radio anyway.

AzNightmare

I roof wrapped my car and never put the antenna unit back in.
I think it looks better that way.

There is a square shaped indent that is noticeable, but only if you look for it. It's not easy to spot if you don't know it's there, and almost impossible to spot when there's rain drops on the roof.

I've had my roof wrapped for almost 2 years now.

anticon

I roof wrapped my car and never put the antenna unit back in.
I think it looks better that way.

There is a square shaped indent that is noticeable, but only if you look for it. It's not easy to spot if you don't know it's there, and almost impossible to spot when there's rain drops on the roof.

I've had my roof wrapped for almost 2 years now.
Do you have any pics? Thanks.

Has anyone removed the whole antenna assembly on the roof, and got some sort of plug for the hole? I kind of think the whole thing is an eyesore, and I cant stand listening to the radio anyway.
I’m
Sure you can make a plug of some sort. I didn’t like the oem antenna either, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I can source the oem shark fins rather easily so I threw that on there the day I brought the car home. Looks much better then the oem but it may not be for everyone, howbwer the added benefit of the sharkfin is it has an antenna booster inside so even better reception, but this is the opposite of what you’re looking for.

Attachments

DangerMouse

I’m
Sure you can make a plug of some sort. I didn’t like the oem antenna either, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I can source the oem shark fins rather easily so I threw that on there the day I brought the car home. Looks much better then the oem but it may not be for everyone, howbwer the added benefit of the sharkfin is it has an antenna booster inside so even better reception, but this is the opposite of what you’re looking for.
Where can I get that shark fin?