Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Fiesta ST License Plate Frame LED Bulb Replacement

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Items Needed:
1) Small flat head screwdriver
2) 12961 LED Bulbs

Step 1 - Use the small flat-head and push back the clip and lift at the same time.

Step 1-B - If you have a hard time lifting it up, you can use a dull butter knife after pushing the clip in.

Step 2 - Remove the bulb housing.

Step 3 - Twist and remove the bulb from the housing.

Step 4 - Remove the old bulb and replace it with the new one.

Old bulb compared to the new LED Bulb.

Final Results.

One weird question as im looking forward this mod but maybe using side panel type led

Is the socket vertical or horizontal when installed
If horizontal can it be flipped 180 degrees

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
No problem, glad you guys find it useful.

mYsTiCfAc3, the socket sits horizontal when installed, but its not flippable because there is a little groove for the clip.

See this picture

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
i mean the bulb socket itself
ill go chek for myself ^^ ill take two minutes. edit: horizontal

and no need for canbus stuff right ?
Yeah no need, these are plenty bright.

I just realized we all have the same color ST lol.

white FTW
I will order a bunch on ebay as trunk and map lights are the same

and when i looked at socket earlier I remembered your pictures and mine looked wayyyy more dirty

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Hi MK, are you using a camera on a tri-pod and timer, nice work by the way.
Tripod with remote lol. Makes taking pictures so much easier.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Stupid question....how do you remove the bulb???
first remove the whole assembly. If you look at the picture posted earlier you need to push the tab in the side that has the groove (in the picture that would be the right side). Then you simply twist the socket and pull the bulb out. Its a wedge bulb so pull it out of the socket.

I have a 2016, i believe they use the same led's but wat did you guys use? Autozone doesnt seem to have

I have a 2016, i believe they use the same led's but wat did you guys use? Autozone doesnt seem to have
Any 194 LED will work. My friend gave me some extras he had after swapping the lights in his Tahoe. That thing has like 20 lights to swap out so he bought them in bulk meaning they aren't the best out there but the work really well. Any 194 should do it.

Recently replaced mine today, and have a question for anyone else who's done this. Both sockets face outwards to the passenger side, when I put in the LEDs the lighting looks offset for this reason. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to rotate one of the sockets 180 degrees to make the light pattern uniform?

I did buy a bulb that projects more in a cone than a ray.

Does someone know what LED is installed in the picture?
It looks good on that white ST, but I'm looking for an LED that is closer to the stock brightness (I don't want it to stand out too much on my black ST with smoked license plate cover!)

SuperBrightleds recommends this: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...d-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/
but at 90 lumens it sounds like it would be way brighter than the 5w stock halogen.

Anyone installed this one? Based on the specs it is not as bright as stock...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...e-wedge-retrofit-car/198/#/tab/Specifications

Thanks in advance!

Recently replaced mine today, and have a question for anyone else who's done this. Both sockets face outwards to the passenger side, when I put in the LEDs the lighting looks offset for this reason. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to rotate one of the sockets 180 degrees to make the light pattern uniform?

I did buy a bulb that projects more in a cone than a ray.
This same issue annoyed my OCD nature. I ended up using a bottle of metallic silver model paint to paint the inside of the housings. The silver bounces light around an awful lot more than the flat black plastic, and made for a much more even light pattern.