Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking about an ST

Hi all, have had the ST in the back of my mind since they came out. My current car is an '02 blown Mustang. I love it, but it sucks gas like a madman. I have a new job, more money, but longer commute. 1/4 tank per day has me seriously thinking about selling it and picking up an ST.

Haven't driven one yet, but every review makes it sound like it can drive on water. Looking for some guidance. Thanks!

Hi all, have had the ST in the back of my mind since they came out. My current car is an '02 blown Mustang. I love it, but it sucks gas like a madman. I have a new job, more money, but longer commute. 1/4 tank per day has me seriously thinking about selling it and picking up an ST.

Haven't driven one yet, but every review makes it sound like it can drive on water. Looking for some guidance. Thanks!
Its not fast like a blown stang, but its fast enough to make you smile! Plus bolt ons and youll smiling everytime you get on it! Test drive one and fall in love!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Best advice is go test drive it and make up your own impression. Everyone else does not really matter. For sure it will be better on gas even driven hard, weight to power ratio is super nice, interior comforts and tech could be an upgrade from your 2002. But is it the car you like to drive? Does it provide you what you need (cargo space, or other comforts)? Only you can tell you what you like. Others can simply point what they observe and like/dislike.

As for me after my test drive:

And I am not ashamed of saying it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you have some mountain roads, the FiST will make the Mustang feel like a boat.
Good luck and Welcome.

Dave

Like you I have read all the good things about it and I have always liked small hatches. I've had many civics and Gti when I was younger. So I went to a local dealer they had two base model units on the lot and I test drove one of them. Well the following saturday I was back at the dealer giving them 500 bucks having them order me one with the options I wanted. Giving up my audi a4 sline for it. It's defentitly a neat little car with a lot of aftermarket potential. Go drive one you will see. That stang will be gone in no time lol. I use to have a 1998 svt cobra by the way.

I like mine more everyday. I recently added a Cobb intercooler, filter, downpipe, and RMM (+ a dyno tune) and it's hilarious. It feels like a tiny rocketship. I came from a more powerful WRX but this car has way more personality and excitement.

JPGC

2000 Post Club

Welcome!!! The FiST is a great car, IMHO. I can't say that you will love it, but for me...its a blast to drive. I am also a Mustang guy at heart as I have a 2013 Mustang and I traded a 400+ whp Mustang for the FiST. Yeah I miss that car sometimes but not because of the FiST as I don't regret the trade.

Just give it a shot! Seems a lot of us here came from higher powered cars, and don't regret it a bit. I myself came from a 340awhp WRX with a 12psi antilag launch map, and the only thing I miss about that car is the rumble. Haha

I do love mine, even stock. Its a great DD. Makes my traffic filled drives to work a little more fun. I guess my only complaint is the suspension is a little firm (Its bouncy), but I can deal with it previously having DD's on coilovers.

Great MPG, good little bit of power, and corners really well.

SICKESSS-ST

I'm also a Mustang guy, I kept my '93. For me, this little car is a blast every day. Like other people are suggesting, go drive it, I'm sure after driving it you'll end up buying one.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #15
Ok, drove it, want it. Need to sell the Mustang... No room for both.