Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sport mode icon missing?

So I'm not sure if this is applies to everyone but is the sport mode missing on my MFT?

When I press sport mode:

When I press and hold ESC off:

Either the logo is missing from the software or Ford didn't really bother coming up with a logo?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The Sport Mode does NOT show the icon in the MFT.
When the OFF Mode is selected however the icon is there.
In either case the TCS/EST icon in the speedo cluster is illuminated.

Dave

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #7
The Sport Mode does NOT show the icon in the MFT.
When the OFF Mode is selected however the icon is there.
In either case the TCS/EST icon in the speedo cluster is illuminated.

Dave
Yeah, it would've been nicer if they just centered the 'sport mode' text in the center if they weren't going to use any logo. That off-centered look bugs the OCD in me.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I agree.

WTF are you doing up so early?

Dave

hy guys,
after a couple of hours without a real trace to find-
is there a mid known to switch the esc PERMANENT to sport mode?
it seems that also the ford own IDS is not able, probably the dealer too[???:)]

tried searching some software hacks but the russian frontend who cares foCCCus, forscan, elmconfig .... do not have a mind or no chance anyway.

any further help would be great!!!

cheers, T

I have a related issue. Not sure if I should open new thread, but here goes...

I run a Cobb OTS stage 1 map, and I have no sport mode at all. I can still hold the ESC button to disable traction control, but tapping the button once does not enable sport mode.

I definitely had sport mode on factory tune. Wouldn't really use it much anyway, usually ESC on or off for me, but I found it peculiar that this function was erased.

Am I alone?

I run a Cobb OTS stage 1 map, and I have no sport mode at all. I can still hold the ESC button to disable traction control, but tapping the button once does not enable sport mode.

I definitely had sport mode on factory tune. Wouldn't really use it much anyway, usually ESC on or off for me, but I found it peculiar that this function was erased.

Am I alone?
hy,

according that phenomen i already found suspicious things the switch are not working or the period the signal come through the button was not enough. anything like that, but even i know only european ST they are not that kind of a surprise and thesport mode always work in all of em.

Did you try that before the stage was made? Even i do not think that one is matter the other one, nobody knows ;-)

cheers, T

p.s.

just have seen you already wrote the factory tune had the sport mode. hm, ask cobb whatever they mean. anyway the sport mode CAN be already like i want it-alwasy there-or it is not because somebody at cobb means it is unusual??

hy,

according that phenomen i already found suspicious things the switch are not working or the period the signal come through the button was not enough. anything like that, but even i know only european ST they are not that kind of a surprise and thesport mode always work in all of em.

Did you try that before the stage was made? Even i do not think that one is matter the other one, nobody knows ;-)

cheers, T

p.s.

just have seen you already wrote the factory tune had the sport mode. hm, ask cobb whatever they mean. anyway the sport mode CAN be already like i want it-alwasy there-or it is not because somebody at cobb means it is unusual??
T,

If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting either the ESC button's switch doesn't work at all, or the length of time the button is pressed is not enough time to engage the switch.

The ESC switch works to disable ESC, so I don't think the physical button/switch is the problem.

When I quickly press then depress the ESC button for about 1 second, nothing happens. When I press the button and hold for over a second, the video display indicates that I should continue to press/hold the button to disable ESC, and after a couple more seconds the ESC is disabled and the usual icon illuminates in the dash cluster.

Yes, to confirm, I did have a functioning sport mode before I loaded a Cobb OTS tune, but because I've hardly ever used sport mode, I can only confirm these are correlations without a clear causal link.

So I repeat, am I alone in this phenomenon?

Thanks

Am I alone?

Correction: turns out I have the delicate touch of a foppish dandy.

All this time I wasn't pressing the damned button hard enough.

Sincerely,
-an idiot