Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Evolution of the Green Beast

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #281
Excited for the comparison! Do you have a timeline in mind for when the fiesta will be reassembled, tuned and ready for the street?
I plan to have the first video for the fiesta up by mid to late June. There is a lot of editing involved and not enough time it seems like haha. Trust me it's been a long wait but it is going to be well worth it. Even have plans to show a comparison with an x37 fiesta. It was my buddies and we pretty much had the same build until I did the built motor and everything else. If all goes to plan I should be driving the fiesta on memorial day. I have done quiet a lot of extra things while the motor was out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Everyone will have to wait for me to post about the Fiesta until we finish our RS Driving Experience project on my Youtube channel. I am working on a feature length video on the reassembly, start up, and break in of the car. To make a full circle so to speak. Then after all the tunes are dialed in, the Fiesta will be going toe to toe against the RS in every category, street, daily driving, canyons, mountains, autocross, and track. There is a lot of work happening right now. I am super excited as I hope everyone else is!
^^^THIS will be GREAT!! [twothumb] [driving]

I think you mentioned it in another thread, but I cannot find it now; is the RS going to be factory stock, or will it be modded to a point as well??

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #283
^^^THIS will be GREAT!! [twothumb] [driving]

I think you mentioned it in another thread, but I cannot find it now; is the RS going to be factory stock, or will it be modded to a point as well??
Slightly modded. To make the money spent the same. The RS will have an e30 tune, rear sway bar, and a few other driver enhancing mods.

Just found this thread, and love what you're doing! Also I've been following your YouTube channel too. Lots of good information.

I had a quick, albeit random, question about your sparco seat rails. Can you mount the stock recaros to that seat rail? I ask because im pretty tall and have a long torso and for track days when wearing a helmet I have to tilt my head sideways to fit in the car and I wanted to lower the seat some. Thanks in advance!

PS. Looking forward to seeing the fiesta kicking again!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Bump!

Interested to see what came of your engine build... Did you get it back as ordered or was there complications?

Love this car, I want to see it back rolling down the road!

I have seen him working on his jeep mostly. he posts on instagram regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #290
Due to photobucket not allowing sharing I'm killing my own thread. If you want to see the progress on my car check out my instagram @TshirtDriving as well as my YouTube channel TShirt Driving. I am putting out an hour long season premiere at the end of this month. Don't have too much time to be on the forum anymore updating.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Due to photobucket not allowing sharing I'm killing my own thread. If you want to see the progress on my car check out my instagram @TshirtDriving as well as my YouTube channel TShirt Driving. I am putting out an hour long season premiere at the end of this month. Don't have too much time to be on the forum anymore updating.
Unfortunate but understandable. I'll be checking out the youtube channel shortly.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #293
I've been having the itch for a manual car again. What do you guys think, should I give the fiesta another go again? Or dive into another platform? I'm keeping my Polestar, just thinking on what is going to replace the Tacoma. If I had to do it again, what would you all want to see? Another green envy or another color? A different approach for the build, like just focus on weight reduction and traction, or just increase the fun in the car that the factory already presents.

This may be a can of worms opening up, but I want some feedback. I had a bad taste in my mouth when I left the Fiesta ST and I had so many good times, memories and experiences with it. Just thinking of a second chance. Otherwise there is the new Corolla hatchback in a manual (less power and no turbo). Or I could go with something like an e36 M3. Let me know what you think.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I've been having the itch for a manual car again. What do you guys think, should I give the fiesta another go again? Or dive into another platform? I'm keeping my Polestar, just thinking on what is going to replace the Tacoma. If I had to do it again, what would you all want to see? Another green envy or another color? A different approach for the build, like just focus on weight reduction and traction, or just increase the fun in the car that the factory already presents.

This may be a can of worms opening up, but I want some feedback. I had a bad taste in my mouth when I left the Fiesta ST and I had so many good times, memories and experiences with it. Just thinking of a second chance. Otherwise there is the new Corolla hatchback in a manual (less power and no turbo). Or I could go with something like an e36 M3. Let me know what you think.
Just say no to E36 M3, and I own one and have had two for around 6 years. In fact I have rare one if you really can” t resist as I will be selling it soon.

Though and seriously E36 M3 is a great car but I can honestly tell you having owned two set up ones I now no longer have interest in them and love my FiST.
I know you have a bad tasted because of all the DHM stuff but I think if you set your boundaries you would not have a problem now. You are wiser for the fact. You know how far to go before going to far.
AE86”s are cool, I owned 240sx” s before my M3 and before that 240z’s and Datsun 510”S with a smattering of cars like P10”S,MR2”S 2nd gen , etc... in between.
A FRS or BRZ would be cool but underpowered. Which leads us right back to the FiST

The M3 will either be expensive to buy with everything done or expensive to do once purchased. For instance head gasket, its not if its when, If you cannot purchase a car with it already done you must expect to do it.
VANOS is another thing that falls into the same category, oh and don”t forgot the 3 bolt rear diff. Yup 3 bolts two on the back one on the snout, WTF? Why BMW , because German. If you drive spiritedly and do any drifting or burnouts you will break the snout bolt most everyone does.
Oh and if you rear strut towers are not torn and have not been reinforced you will have to do that before they tear out as its another quirk that does happen. Also rear trailing arm reinforcements. Both mine either needed it or had it done. First one previous did the reinforcements because the car did tear the strut tower tunnels. Second I did the reinforcement. Parts are not cheap for M cars either M stands for Money. More than regular BMW parts. Lol
Ya they are fun but in the end they are expensive to maintain even if your a mechanic.
Like spending money buy an M3.

So given all that I would get another FiST less money spent in easily and bigger smile when you blow by unexpected and make moves.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine is almost done swapping an LS into an E36M - that would be cool. Another Fiesta would be cool too.

I'm as interested in seeing the driving/performance improvements as I am the modification "how-tos."