Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Evolution of the Green Beast

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #41
I got it custom made from a sticker shop in the local mall by me. I actually have another one exactly the same for the front but as you can see I deleted my front plate. I think it cost me $20 for one.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #43
Sure but I have to go dig it out of my parents garage if they haven't thrown it away. I will take a look tomorrow and let you know :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #44
Installed and tested the wilwood brakes. Just enough clearance to fit on my 16" rota slipstreams. I have done a few canyon and mountain runs and have not felt any brake fade what so ever. Also the braking force is incredible!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #46
Thank you, I got my brake kit from 2j racing. Honestly I am just going to enjoy the car until the MR230 kit from Mountune comes out. Even then I may wait a little bit to get it as I have to pay off these car parts :p

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #47
So aside from the regular maintenance I have decided this is all I am going to do to my car. As much as I would like to buy more go faster parts I am happy with how the car is being road legal in addition to still being able to pass smog and C.A.R.B. approved. Plus I decided it is time to focus on paying the car off and saving for the upcoming Focus RS. The plans for that will be my dedicated track car.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #48
I didn't buy anything but my Mishimoto z line intercooler has been laying around my house for a long time. It used to be on my car but I took it off for the mp215 kit. Well today I decided to put it on to compare the numbers. Looking at my data logs it runs 10 degrees cooler than stock on a full WOT run in 3rd and 4th gears. Not as great as some of the other intercoolers available but still better than stock. I also noticed max psi was up by 1 and Boost pressure from 3,000 rpm -5,400 rpm was staying above 20psi. From the drivers seat I do not feel what minuscule of lag there used to be around the 2,000 rpm mark and looking at one of my datalogs (hard to get a low rpm start in the middle of the day) at 2362 RPM boost was already at 15.28 in fourth gear on the freeway when I started my acceleration.

I also plasti dipped the lower part of my bumper

I like the plastidip'd front bumper. So now that you are more or less done modding for a while, do you have plans to go out for canyon/mountain drives, autocross, anything? I'm trying to just get out more with the car for fun things and enjoy what i have rather than thinking about what i could have :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #50
Yes. Instead of trying to do something to the car every week I am now enjoying it on mountain drives at least once a week. I do plan on doing autocross and maybe a track day here or there but I need to buy a helmet first. Trust me I still very much want to buy more things for the car but at the same time I am really happy with being able to drive it rather than crawl under it to install something new.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #52
Off the top of my head I want to say +42 for the offset. I know ive posted it somewhere maybe the meaty tire thread.

Edit: after searching they are +40 offset

masonsturbos

So I have been buzy buying things which is always nice when it comes to our cars. I now have the MP215 kit installed from Mountune. I am really happy with the performance increase and can not waiting until the MR230 comes out. Today I also installed Driving Lights behind the grill 6" in size with 6k HIDs. With this I made some foglight delete plates in orange as I am using the wiring from the OEM Foglights to run these. I also added a Relay so when I turn on my High beams these stay on. Coming up in the future I am replacing the stock pads with OEM, doing an engine and transmission oil change, rotating my tires, and installing Ford Racing Coilovers with reduced spring rates so I can use them for the street without causing back problems. I am pretty happy with the results. Still deciding on how I like the Orange delete covers, I might do black but I wanted them to stand out.

Sorry to bring this back up but how did you add a relay to keep the fogs on while high beems on too?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #54
Some updates:

Since last posting I have put on a Mountune intercooler (I was not happy with the charge temps with the stock intercooler or mishimoto Z line intercooler. I also installed a DIY external intercooler mister using garden misters for the job. I removed the lower grill but used the vertical slats to hide the misters (plasti dipped black with lower chin). I also just installed front and side splitters from Rally innovations and have a few more parts on the way. One of which is a skid plate, rally innovations rear wing, and pierce motorsports rear torsion brace. The car handles great and I want even more grip and paint protection for rocks and such without adding too much drag (no mudflaps for me). Enjoy the pics!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #55
you buy a 4 pin relay from an autostore. Then using a test light, find which wires are the power wires for both the fogs and high beams. splice into those wires and have them connect to the relay. Add power and a ground to the relay and your done. That is the simplified version of course.

Sorry to bring this back up but how did you add a relay to keep the fogs on while high beems on too?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Some updates:

Since last posting I have put on a Mountune intercooler (I was not happy with the charge temps with the stock intercooler or mishimoto Z line intercooler. I also installed a DIY external intercooler mister using garden misters for the job. I removed the lower grill but used the vertical slats to hide the misters (plasti dipped black with lower chin). I also just installed front and side splitters from Rally innovations and have a few more parts on the way. One of which is a skid plate, rally innovations rear wing, and pierce motorsports rear torsion brace. The car handles great and I want even more grip and paint protection for rocks and such without adding too much drag (no mudflaps for me). Enjoy the pics!

You already have your torsion bar? So jealous.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #57
Not yet haha still waiting for the call from Jim to go pick it up :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #58
Installed the new rear wing this weekend. Put the original back on the car as I had to remove the 3D carbon spoiler for the rally innovations one to be functional. I am very pleased with the new height the made the wing as originally their wing was the same height as the spoiler. Now it is up in the airflow making it functional for downforce when up to speed. Of course I opted for the carbon fiber blade. More pictures to come next week when after a full detail. :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #59
A couple beauty shots and some install pictures. So I installed my fire extinguisher and rear trunk brace. Still have a few things to do tomorrow, I will be installing the Race torsion bar, changing the oil and filter, installing the skid plate, removing the spot lights for track days, install a front tow hook, changing the brake fluid to a higher temp rating, and removing my coilovers. Reason for the coilovers is I need to get them rebuilt so they are going to be taken to Eibach in Riverside, CA. I also am going to change the front spring rate from 475 pounds to 425 pounds. Things I am waiting to install or do are, the turbo transformer, gurney flap for the wing, tires/alignment.

car is lookin good my man!

Are you doing streets of willow still?

edit: Just realized i'm basically a fan boy of yours (went back to page 1 of your thread). But every update you give.. i gotta give props hahah.