Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Evolution of the Green Beast

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #81
Any plans to gut the AC [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION]? That would be an interesting how too lol.
Also is that the stock console.?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Nah I want to keep the ac. I am planning on making a small duct under the seat to blow through the hole for the 5th harness belt. Then ill have ac seats ;) or at least a cool ass.
[MENTION=1391]Siestarider[/MENTION] I love all the data you collect and try to read every post you put up about track info. I'm working on a plug to go into the oem seat wiring to make the airbags still work. I'm pretty determined to make my undertray work. Although I have to shorten to stop at the axles to compete in the modified time attack group. So that might help with airflow coming out of the radiator. I still don't know if I want to get a carbon hood for weight and cut it for the vents or just vent my own oem hood. Decisions decisions.

antarctica24

So maybe I should have had a build page up sooner than later but here is my build page. I decided to pull the trigger and do even more things to my car to make it the ultimate street/autocross/track car. With the emphasis on the fun factor. So some things may not be as functional but for feel or even looks. The point is I want to keep having fun in this car. Also yes I name my car and I think Michelle is fitting :)

So first thing on the list of stuff to change. Goodbye orange wheels. As much as I liked the look of the orange I decided not to paint my new rims. Mainly to save the money for other performance goodies. But who know maybe towards the end of the build, the orange will come back, lets see how the black rims grow on me.

Opening the box!

At Evan's tires to switch the tpms and put the new rubber on the new metal. Goodbye Orange Sparco's (My uncle works there so it only cost me lunch to get the work done. It is also nice using the proper tools)

The end result

Very nice ride

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #83
Any plans to gut the AC [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION]? That would be an interesting how too lol.
Also is that the stock console.?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I just realized I didn't answer your second question. No that is not the stock console. It is from a fiesta SE with the ambient lighting. Being in the Sparco seat I sit way lower then I did in the recaro's and I knew I would not be having a fun time hitting my elbow on the stock arm rest.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Love the progress.

Quick question - where are you mounting the front of the skid plate? I've got a big sheet of 3/16" aluminum under mine (yay protection!!) and have used some stock mounting points but wouldn't mind some further attachment...

The 'Z' brackets specifically - where did you mount them?

Thanks in advance!!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #86
Love the progress.

Quick question - where are you mounting the front of the skid plate? I've got a big sheet of 3/16" aluminum under mine (yay protection!!) and have used some stock mounting points but wouldn't mind some further attachment...

The 'Z' brackets specifically - where did you mount them?

Thanks in advance!!
Those z brackets are mounted to the frame. By inserting a rectangular piece of metal that is drilled and tapped through a already existing hole in the frame. That is what allows me to bolt the z bracket to the frame. I dunno if that helps at all?
[MENTION=5249]Superfly Snook[/MENTION] Thanks hopefully we get to meet at a local st hangout. We post them all the time on our facebook page if you haven't already found it. Its called San Diego ST owners group

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Definitely helps - I'll try to duplicate it with a nut welded on a stick... If I can find an appropriate hole. Still not sure where your Z brackets are. I figured they were out close to the front of the car and that the frame doesn't go that far... I need to look again come oil change time (soon).

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #88
I have been pretty busy with modifications with my car since my last track day. As a recap I was experiencing overheating coolant temps, high charge temps with the Mishimoto J line intercooler and I wanted more power for straight line speed. Since then I have installed the Mishimoto radiator, thermostat, DHM intercooler and crash bar as well as the rear crash bar. For power I installed the x37 turbo (I want to be in street class and and the cyborg turbine was too large to stay within the class), DHM Aluminum cat back exhaust, and modified the stock cat. I finally installed a mishimoto catch can as well... I am only 43,000 miles late. Lastly an unexpected mod was replacing the Ford Racing/Eibach coilovers. I bought these used and therefore had no warranty. One of the brackets that holds the sway bar snapped off. So I invested in KW V3 coilovers that I have converted to their clubsports. In the video I am running on 425 lb Eibach springs and am waiting for my 9k or 504 lb Swift springs to complete the transformation. I have been busy not only installing parts on my own car but for most of the San Diego ST community as well. So I don't have as much time to post on here as I want with the addition of the install videos I have been making on my youtube channel " TShirt Driving "

Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;aXlMeUH3deA]https://youtu.be/aXlMeUH3deA[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Which size Star Specs are those, 205/50-16??

Are the Slipstreams 16x7s or 16x8s?

When you had the ST console off for the change to the SE one, was it really 'ratty' under there (bare rusted metal, lots of exposed wiring/sensor/etc.), and is our console split after the shifter/boot part, or is it all one piece right from the dash to the back (I don't have a car yet to look myself-why I ask)??
I also ask this because IF the console is split, and I can just remove that back/armrest section altogether, I will do so IF it is not too gross underneath it.

Also, did you ever figure out a resistor value to plug into the seat airbag harness to turn off the dash light, and keep all of the other airbags functional?

Thanks in advance (I know I ask A LOT of questions!).

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I have been pretty busy with modifications with my car since my last track day. As a recap I was experiencing overheating coolant temps, high charge temps with the Mishimoto J line intercooler and I wanted more power for straight line speed. Since then I have installed the Mishimoto radiator, thermostat, DHM intercooler and crash bar as well as the rear crash bar. For power I installed the x37 turbo (I want to be in street class and and the cyborg turbine was too large to stay within the class), DHM Aluminum cat back exhaust, and modified the stock cat. I finally installed a mishimoto catch can as well... I am only 43,000 miles late. Lastly an unexpected mod was replacing the Ford Racing/Eibach coilovers. I bought these used and therefore had no warranty. One of the brackets that holds the sway bar snapped off. So I invested in KW V3 coilovers that I have converted to their clubsports. In the video I am running on 425 lb Eibach springs and am waiting for my 9k or 504 lb Swift springs to complete the transformation. I have been busy not only installing parts on my own car but for most of the San Diego ST community as well. So I don't have as much time to post on here as I want with the addition of the install videos I have been making on my youtube channel " TShirt Driving "

Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;aXlMeUH3deA]https://youtu.be/aXlMeUH3deA[/video]
Sounds like an awesome setup !! But just a heads up. The X37 and Cyborg39 use the identical turbine :)
Can't wait to watch the video :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #91
Which size Star Specs are those, 205/50-16??
Are the Slipstreams 16x7s or 16x8s?
When you had the ST console off for the change to the SE one, was it really 'ratty' under there (bare rusted metal, lots of exposed wiring/sensor/etc.), and is our console split after the shifter/boot part, or is it all one piece right from the dash to the back (I don't have a car yet to look myself-why I ask)??
I also ask this because IF the console is split, and I can just remove that back/armrest section altogether, I will do so IF it is not too gross underneath it.
Also, did you ever figure out a resistor value to plug into the seat airbag harness to turn off the dash light, and keep all of the other airbags functional?
Thanks in advance (I know I ask A LOT of questions!).
The tires on the car in the video are 205/50/16 Bridgestone Re71r
The rota slipstreams are 16x7
The center console/arm rest removes from behind the shift back. All the wires that need to be removed are attached to the console so their isn't a huge mess. The carpet is cut out of it is neat with sound deadening material underneath. I still need to find some time to make the resistor and transfer the wires from the oem ST center console to the se one (I want my usb plugs and SD card back). It was a necessary install to delete the arm rest with the Sparco seat due to sitting so much lower now.

Sounds like an awesome setup !! But just a heads up. The X37 and Cyborg39 use the identical turbine :)
Can't wait to watch the video :)
At the time when I ordered this the Cyborg39 wasn't released yet. But if it turns out I need more power to be competitive within my class can you do a custom Turbines like say a 58mm? So I can stay within the class?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
A 58mm turbine is like a turbine from a diesel truck, lol.

Are you talking about the compressor side ? Turbines are the exhaust side.

For stock style turbos, this is the largest turbine made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #93
Haha yeah sorry it was early when I wrote that, the compressor wheel is what I meant.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The tires on the car in the video are 205/50/16 Bridgestone Re71r
The rota slipstreams are 16x7
The center console/arm rest removes from behind the shift back. All the wires that need to be removed are attached to the console so their isn't a huge mess. The carpet is cut out of it is neat with sound deadening material underneath. I still need to find some time to make the resistor and transfer the wires from the oem ST center console to the se one (I want my usb plugs and SD card back). It was a necessary install to delete the arm rest with the Sparco seat due to sitting so much lower now.
OK, THANKS! [thumb]

I could not tell from those pics, since the RE-71R tread pattern (and even the sidewall from a distance) looks VERY similar to the Star Spec 2's.

I don't necessarily need the electronic device attachments, so I was asking (about the 'rattyness') so that I could DELETE the WHOLE armrest section of the console, and save some weight, without looking like a torn up crap can inside the car.

I also plan on doing aftermarket seats (as well as the steering wheel), so I am sure that obtrusive armrest/console will be impossible to deal with for me as well. ;)
(I wish that someone had the resistor values listed for ALL of the exploding whoopee cushions in this car!! [mad])

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #95
Bought some new shoes (waiting for all the accessories to install them, tires, spacers, camber bolts, springs etc..) And also weighed the fiesta today with the bottom of the back seat in and the passenger seat in place. Not bad I will say at 2586 lbs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you change out your RokBlok mud flaps for the M-SPORT ones?

If so; how well do they fit, how is the quality/sturdiness vs. the Rok Bloks, and did you have to drill a lot of holes to install them (they will not answer me when I email them about whether or not they will fit a USDM 5 door ST correctly, vs. their 3 door version in the UK.).

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #100
Did you change out your RokBlok mud flaps for the M-SPORT ones?

If so; how well do they fit, how is the quality/sturdiness vs. the Rok Bloks, and did you have to drill a lot of holes to install them (they will not answer me when I email them about whether or not they will fit a USDM 5 door ST correctly, vs. their 3 door version in the UK.).
Yes I did. The M-sport are not a direct fit to the USDM cars. I spent about 3 hours rebending and drilling the brackets they supplied as our fender liners are not the same as the Euro version cars.

This is what the brackets look like for the euro cars

This is how I got it to work with our cars.