Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Evolution of the Green Beast

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #101
Some pictures of all the stuff I have done this year.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #103
Pictures from my last track day back in May and a photo shot I did before the intercooler and turbo upgrades.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #104
I was on the Member spot light for Rally innovations along with winning first place in modified FWD in the redline time attack series back in May. Also how I used to take my track gear with me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes I did. The M-sport are not a direct fit to the USDM cars. I spent about 3 hours rebending and drilling the brackets they supplied as our fender liners are not the same as the Euro version cars.

This is what the brackets look like for the euro cars

This is how I got it to work with our cars.

THANK YOU! [twothumb]

I guess I will pass on those and get the Rally Armors, or make some out of Susquehanna Motorsport's rally flap material.

I DO want the M-SPORT lower IC grille though, and will modify it in order to make it work on our U.S. model if needed.

BTW; CONGRATS on the S.O.W. time attack win, and those TR covers are a GREAT idea for transporting race setups! [cool]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #107
Scored some BFG Gforce R1 235/40/17 wheels for cheap. These will be going on the 17x8 +42 Fifteen 52's for now. I want to experience a real slick tire but will probably go back to a 200 TW rating tire for the time attack series. To make these work I am having a spacer made for the front with the correct hardware to withstand track abuse. This should allow me to run -3 degrees of camber in the front and clear the fender and the strut. At least according to my math it should fit. Probably get the tires mounted in a few weeks. Plan is to go to Big Willow (Willow Springs) Either Nov 19th or 20th.

LT Berzerker

Curious to see the setup on the car :) been thinking about 235's myself

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #109
Starting my 100 octane tune. Also mounted and test fitted the new wheels and the rears are perfect as I can not lower the car more or the tire would rub on the fender on hard compression. The fronts with -2 degrees of camber touch the strut so I am patiently waiting for a 15mm spacer and plan to increase camber to around the -2.7 to -3 degree range depending on clearance. I am very pleased with how they fit and look. 235 is the widest tire in my opinion that will fit under the fiesta's stock fenders. Compared to the OEM wheels and tires these are wide!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
MONSTER MEAT GUMBALLS!!! [ohcrap]

I thought that 100 octane was VERBOTEN to be dispensed from ANY pump in the state of Cali (EVEN those at race tracks/drag strips)? [???:)]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #111
100 octane as long as it is unleaded is CARB/Smog legal. Regardless I still put it in the tanks first. There are only 2 places I know of in San Diego that sell it.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I thought that 100 octane was VERBOTEN to be dispensed from ANY pump in the state of Cali (EVEN those at race tracks/drag strips)? [???:)]
100 octane as long as it is unleaded is CARB/Smog legal. Regardless I still put it in the tanks first. There are only 2 places I know of in San Diego that sell it.
We have 100 octane unleaded available at a gas station 3 miles from my home here in SoCal...

Race Gas - Sunoco SS100.jpg

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #115
The gas station with 110 leaded and 100 unleaded is located just off the 10 in Indio....

Clark's Travel Center
82-253 Indio Blvd. (Exit Indio Blvd off I-10) (760) 342-4776
http://www.clarkstravelcenter.com/
Sunoco 100 unleaded racing fuel
Sunoco 110 leaded racing fuel
Open 24 hours
That is awesome, although it being leaded it would destroy my Cat. Nice to know another location somewhat close by.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^COOL!

Glad to see that your draconian (towards the automotive performance industry) state legislators have not taken this away from you as they have so much else. [thumb]

[MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] you've been busy! Can't wait to hear about your experience with the slicks, I love the picture of the stock meat versus the R1s... what a huge difference!

Keep on keepin on my man! We just had baby#2, so maybe in the spring I can come out and play again :) good luck at willow springs!

Car looks great!

Any chance you have side view pictures of the car with the white slipstreams on? I'm assuming they are also 16x7 +40. Thanks!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #119
Current update on my engine, A rebuild is in the future.

[video=youtube_share;DQ0_mnwHKKg]https://youtu.be/DQ0_mnwHKKg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;q1PRt84X23o]https://youtu.be/q1PRt84X23o[/video]

[MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] you've been busy! Can't wait to hear about your experience with the slicks, I love the picture of the stock meat versus the R1s... what a huge difference!

Keep on keepin on my man! We just had baby#2, so maybe in the spring I can come out and play again :) good luck at willow springs!
Congrats on the newborn! My review on racing on slicks is going to have to wait as I have had some engine failure :(

Car looks great!

Any chance you have side view pictures of the car with the white slipstreams on? I'm assuming they are also 16x7 +40. Thanks!
This is all I have and you have the specs correct. Front had -3.3 degrees of camber with the rota's

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^SORRY to hear this. [:(][bigcry]

Are you going to build it up fully forged, etc.?

Also, I don't think I ever asked this yet, but, how did the 225/45 Star Specs work on only 7" wide wheels (your original aftermarket setup)?

Was the turn-in very soft and 'mushy', or did the rigidity of the SS's sidewalls make up for their height?

How did they ride on the street, as compared to our 'rubber band' sidewall stockers?