Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Evolution of the Green Beast

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #161
#1 are we going to get a video of the bottom end gear down etc ?

#2 if that looks time consuming and like a lot of work.... that's because IT IS. I did all that in the car and it was no fun at all. Lots of good tips, but also an example of why having a Russ do this is best lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that video will be coming out next Saturday. It takes awhile to edit all the footage when there is so much to go through. Because not only do I have a normal 9-6 job I am still getting footage of the build with some of the side things I am doing to the car while the engine is out.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yes that video will be coming out next Saturday. It takes awhile to edit all the footage when there is so much to go through. Because not only do I have a normal 9-6 job I am still getting footage of the build with some of the side things I am doing to the car while the engine is out.
No that's cool, just wanted to make sure we would be getting more :)

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #164
Thanks for sharing this with all of us. The journey from parts to design rationale to engine builds to your engine as it was sent to Russ is a cool way to present the first part of your rebuild.

My brother-in-law builds engines in a Porsche racing shop, its amazing how similar top builders' shops look. Of course Russ would not have a late '50s 356 4 cam roadster in a corner that should be in a museum.

Then again, we are living a golden age of performance with our cars: power to weight, chassis stiffness, handling, functionality and economy that would have astonished ole Ferdinand.

Your build thread is setting a high bar for the rest of us.
It truly was quite the treat to be able to go to DHM and get to see all the behind the scenes work they do. I felt like a kid at Disneyland for the first time haha.

In regards to the bold thread comment. Thank you for the high praise. Although each of us has our own talents I am a fan of your data collection and dedication to not only obtaining said information but also sharing your results good or bad with the rest of us.

grnmachine02

Glad to see this coming along nicely. I've been following your videos, and am excited to see how the x-47 works out for you. I'm gonna go hybrid myself, but I'm on the fence between this and the DHM kit.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Glad to see this coming along nicely. I've been following your videos, and am excited to see how the x-47 works out for you. I'm gonna go hybrid myself, but I'm on the fence between this and the DHM kit.
Be sure to contact me and ask questions if you need help on which is the best for your application!

Russ

grnmachine02

Be sure to contact me and ask questions if you need help on which is the best for your application!

Russ

I have a feeling I'll be going with your kit. The stellar customer service I received from Ron has made it an all but done deal in my mind. I just need to get the money in order and pull the trigger.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #172
I have a feeling I'll be going with your kit. The stellar customer service I received from Ron has made it an all but done deal in my mind. I just need to get the money in order and pull the trigger.
Honestly if I didn't live in California and had such strict smog laws I would get one of Russell's turbo kits as well. You can't go wrong with DHM quality :)

grnmachine02

Honestly if I didn't live in California and had such strict smog laws I would get one of Russell's turbo kits as well. You can't go wrong with DHM quality :)
I have drooled over one of their garret kits for a while now. Convincing the better half to spend 2500 on a hybrid was a struggle, I'm not even gonna try for the other kits lol. Pick your battles and all that jazz.

I'll probably end up road tripping to DHM and have them install whatever kit I go with. After the time and energy I've been spending on my 2j swap project, working on the fiesta just doesn't appeal to me lol.

Sorry to clutter up your project thread!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Were you running the colder plugs at the time? Do you or Russ think that would have helped if not ?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #175
I was running colder plugs and when everything went and the misfiring happened I switched to oem plugs to see if that would fix the misfiring. But the engine was already gone which was confirmed with the compression test.

Going built engine why go with x47? Won't be able to push the engine at all on the little thing.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #177
Going built engine why go with x47? Won't be able to push the engine at all on the little thing.
Because I live in California. And don't feel like dealing with the hassle from police, smog check points, or when it does come time to smog the car.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Hybrid turbos are a great option for those in cali that can have visual inspections pretty much anytime they get pulled over

Russ