Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Skid Plate for Fiesta ST North America

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Edited to reflect there is now one that is DIY [strongman]

Just returned from Syracuse and the thing fits like a glove. [rockon]

https://www.facebook.com/SkidPlateGuy/photos/a.1413203552289701.1073741826.1412809962329060/1620776361532418/?type=1&theater

Skid Plate Guy
Ford Fiesta FIESTA ST 4mm Aluminum Skid Plate kit. Taking orders NOW 20% off MSRP of $375.00 plus S/H email skidplateguy@gmail.com for more details. Long time coming but fit like a champ!!!!! #fiestast #fordfiestast #mk7 #aboutgoddamtime
Let him know you saw it from me as he is interested in feedback on how people find him.

Very cool - I just spent $750 to replace an evap canister that was damaged when an underbody panel was ripped off (cost included replacing the panel, too).

How much do these things weigh?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Ok.... Where did you get the plastic one? Is that from the fuel mileage version? SFE?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
That is from the skid plate guy's facebook. I asked a bunch of question but not that one. Maybe it is but he did confirm that that is installed on a FiST in US.

haste

1000 Post Club
I wonder if Ford left the undertray off for cooling purposes. I guess it wouldn't be as critical up north though.

I wonder if Ford left the undertray off for cooling purposes. I guess it wouldn't be as critical up north though.
Undertray doesn't affect cooling negatively, it actually helps, as well as reducing front lift and increasing fuel economy.

Wondering if theres a rear skid plate in the making for our FiST? wouldn't want to knock of the EVAP canister.

no-pistons

Thanks for the mention CG! Just a quick update on the EVAP skid plate. I'm working on a new prototype that I still need to weld together and test fit on my car. It looks pretty similar to the first one in those pictures, but I did a minor redesign that made the unit both stronger and easier to build. I'll post pics once I get further along.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks for the mention CG! Just a quick update on the EVAP skid plate. I'm working on a new prototype that I still need to weld together and test fit on my car. It looks pretty similar to the first one in those pictures, but I did a minor redesign that made the unit both stronger and easier to build. I'll post pics once I get further along.
Jonesing on this ;)

Izzy

Consider my money in your bank No-Pistons...again...lol

Will defiantly be making the purchase before winter, what utter terrible placement for a EVAP canister. And working at gm you see some bad placements for fragile items.