Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Perrin WMI install PWI-2

MOFiST

If I were to switch this tune out to a cobb stg3 tune ( aka way way lower boost above 5000rpms ), then who knows what the charge temps would be, it may stay below inlet temps 100% of the time.
So you could just keep stock fmic and use meth on cyborg? Why bother with bigger fmic if on wmi? Are you running stock fmic?

MOFiST

I'm thinking for versatility you'd want a bigger fmic but with this you don't really need one. Do you? I mean you could have no fmic just meth in theory.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
No no no. The bigger intercooler is still massively important.
I'm going to upgrade to Russ's monster intercooler ASAP. For now, I'm running panda motor works FMIC. Its based off a threadstone TR6 core.

No doubt about it, trying to do what I do with the stock cooler would be extremely hard, even with Meth injection. Def not a replacement for a good intercooler IMO.

It is pretty awesome though. This is on a cold intercooler ( not heat soaked from driving hard ).

26psi @ 6500rpm and only 10degrees higher than filter inlet temps !!!

MOFiST

Yes I wasn't really thinking clearly before posting that lol. Of course you'd want the most consistent charge temps before even bothering with an elaborate wmi setup. Good going with this BTW.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Specs or actual manufacturing data on the pump in the AEM kit?

I can get the controller for $150, have all the rest I need but the pump but have two very good pumps here I can see if one will work.

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I need the "actual" info, that is likely a rebadged pump, they do not make them but it could be a custom version for them with just different seals and or specific pressure, etc....I do not need reading glasses:)

I had seen some info posted before but did not find it in a search here and a couple of other forums so did a different search a bit ago and found this posted by them in 2010, I am looking to see if they made any other changes since then.

"In the olden days we used to include a 150 PSI Shurflow pump.

Then in 2009 we switched to an internal bypass 150 PSI Shurflow pump.

A while back (5 months ago) we switched to the high pressure Aquatec pump. This pump has an adjustable bypass and the user can crank up the pressure to well over 250 PSI but it comes from Aquatec with the bypass set to 200 PSI and we leave it there and are refer to it as the 200 PSI pump. There is not such thing as a "250 PSI Aquatec pump", only 200 PSI Aquatec pumps that can be adjusted higher.

This pump is commonly referred to as both the 200 PSI Aquatec and the 250 PSI Aquatec depending on who is talking. The actual pressure delivered to the injector nozzle is a factor of the size of the jet used and can be as low as 185PSI if you are flowing with huge injectors (~800cc/min) and as high as 225 PSI with a small injector (~200cc/min)"

I will post my findings if different from the above:)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
They are the only ones i know of with 100% meth seals. Also, the by-pass is very important, there old pumps would surge at the limit and give inconsistent tuning. My perrin pump does not surge like the older surflo pumps, but it can't run pressures or volumes or meth content the AEM pump can.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Since Easter I've been working on my 93oct no meth tune. But... Its too hot to mess with that crappy fuel 3)

So... Decided to make my install a little nicer...

Stock washer tank

Stock washer pump grommet.

Stock grommet, with the filter and quick connect fitting

This is all you see now :)
Everything is hidden under the head light.

I am going to bump this for a few reasons -

1) I believe when done correctly 50/50 will match or beat E85. Since it takes a much larger investment to run E85 on these Ecoboost cars, water injection IMHO is the correct solution, not larger coolers that introduce pressure loss; make no mistake the cores and manufacturing techniques have improved on this but there's still a pressure drop; doesn't matter much with a larger turbo, but does with a stock turbo that's nearly maxed out.

2) I want to give props to Sour Skittle, I do remember you from the SRT-4 forums when I had mine. I wanted to find a pic of somebody tapping the stock cold pipe, thanks man.

I just purchased the AEM system and it will be here Thurs. I also am taking the stock washer tank tip from Alex@Stratifed as well as the boost source for the AEM v2 controller.

This is just first salvo, I am tired of losing power due to summer weather. I happen with my SRT-4, I had a Cooling Mist system but I never got a boost signal so I never used it and it went with the car when I lost it.

I just ran 13.96@99 in my new (2016) Focus ST (ST2) with a E30 tune and slicks, but 86 degrees ambient, never getting the car completely cooled down and hot lapping it never got over 99 mph which signals a power loss, especially when the Focus ST is capable of 100-102 dead stock, in cool weather, low DA, low humidity and min 93 octane in the tank in other words ideal conditions, which seldom happens anyway and never in the summer time.

So I am not realizing the full potential of the E30 tune, I also know that the stock DP is holding things up. I will upgrade but not just yet.... I wanna see how much I can get out of the parts that are already there.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Come on guys... get your meth injection system up !!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have burned up two AEM pumps in 5 months running 100% meth. Has this happened to anyone else before? I thought AEM was meth safe. I am switching to a 70/30 mix when this new pump comes in under warranty. AEM seemed to think I was crazy when I said I ran 100% meth through it. I was a little taken back by that.

I burned up an AEM pump running 100% meth on my lightning this summer, I don't even think it made it a whole month lol

Hi guys, I am going to be installing an aem kit on my Fist soon. Just waiting on the parts to arrive. Just a quick question. Where did you guys tap into for the 12v power?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Hi guys, I am going to be installing an arm kit on my Fist soon. Just waiting on the parts to arrive. Just a quick question. Where did you guys tap into for the 12v power?
I got mine at the wind shield washer pump plug in the front left bumper. Then used the battery as a (+) and (-).
Of course.... my pump is mounted where the stock wind shield wiper tank used to be... and my tank is mounted where my air intake box used to be...

thanks, I am running the pump and tank in the trunk so I guess I will just connect the (+) to the battery and the (-) to a ground point in the cabin

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
thanks, I am running the pump and tank in the trunk so I guess I will just connect the (+) to the battery and the (-) to a ground point in the cabin
You still have to pick up a "key on" trigger, if not, the pump will never stop idling.

oh, I thought the AEM control unit controlled that, and I just had to run a power source for the control unit. I was just going off this wiring diagram

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Yes sir, but you have to grab a wire that tells the control unit to come on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk