Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

JP Carbon - Side Mirror Cap Replacements

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
unless its going to give me +10hp ill take one.
Wat.

But seriously, I received a reply back from JP Carbon's rep and apparently they do fit the FiST. So... I'll be placing an order for these guys - I need replacement mirror caps anyways and so I guess I'll be the test dummy and be (what appears to be) the first to pull the trigger on these.

Updates will follow when I have them in my hands.

caliboy15

Wat.

But seriously, I received a reply back from JP Carbon's rep and apparently they do fit the FiST. So... I'll be placing an order for these guys - I need replacement mirror caps anyways and so I guess I'll be the test dummy and be (what appears to be) the first to pull the trigger on these.

Updates will follow when I have them in my hands.
It looks good but I don't see myself spending $100+ on mirror caps

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
It looks good but I don't see myself spending $100+ on mirror caps
Ya, I hear ya there.

New ones are $40 for black ones - then you have to get them painted (or leave em black). So... Why not try these. The FiST isn't going to be sold anytime soon so I'll add bits of 'flair' here and there.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
And it turns out that they're crap.

CF weave seems to be of quality but the fit was WAY off. Couldn't get them to fit no matter how much I struggled. The curve around the back of the housing was off, no way to make it fit. Going to be pushing for a refund - word to the wise, stay away from JP Carbon.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Can you post some pictures?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Be advised that the Fiesta caps are sold for use on mirrors with or without marker lights.
Make sure you get the correct ones.

Dave

And it turns out that they're crap.

CF weave seems to be of quality but the fit was WAY off. Couldn't get them to fit no matter how much I struggled. The curve around the back of the housing was off, no way to make it fit. Going to be pushing for a refund - word to the wise, stay away from JP Carbon.
Sorry to bump an old thread, been looking at these myself and it seems like they are made to fit over top of the existing mirror cap so that may be why you are having the fitment issue if you are trying to use these as a replacement. I may try to buy a set, but I will make sure they are for the mirror caps with signals first and get a guarantee from the seller that they will fit the USDM fiesta ST. Did you ever get things sorted out with JP Carbon?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Sorry to bump an old thread, been looking at these myself and it seems like they are made to fit over top of the existing mirror cap so that may be why you are having the fitment issue if you are trying to use these as a replacement. I may try to buy a set, but I will make sure they are for the mirror caps with signals first and get a guarantee from the seller that they will fit the USDM fiesta ST. Did you ever get things sorted out with JP Carbon?
there was no way that they would fit over the old ones. The issue was that they curved too far inwards and I could not flex them far enough out get them around the outside of the cap or to align the mounting tabs. They were just really poorly done.

Buy at your own risk - I can pretty much guarantee they won't fit.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Can you post some pictures?
Sorry for the big delay - I never saw this post.

I can't post any pictures as I just ended up tossing these while cleaning up the garage. I attempted one last go at it and cracked the CF while stretching them out trying to get them to bend. I think I first applied some heat just for shits and giggles... nothing worked to get them even remotely close to fitting.

Okay, I sent a message to one of the ebay sellers confirming fitment, but I'll probably just pass this up.

Edit: Got Confirmation from the seller that it is for the "JDM" market only...hopefully the CF eyebrows I ordered earlier in the week will still work...