Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upper limit for Engine Coolant Temp?

Chuckable

I've read the threads on this and other forums about average engine coolant temps (and inferred oil temps), but haven't seen anything concrete and up-to-date on how the FiST cooling system works and the upper limit for engine temp without causing long-term damage.

The reason I ask is my first track day in my '15 FiST is this weekend, and I want to know when to back off and let the engine cool down. I have the AP that came with my MP215 kit, to which I've added the Mountune full charge pipe kit and IC if that makes a difference. My previous 2.4 liter Civic Si never topped 217F even in 90F degree Florida heat on the track.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Not sure on max coolant temps it saw, but I pushed oil temps to like 259 degrees, and light up all the bars on the dash for coolant temp until a red dumby light came on and i freaked out and hit the def full blast on full heat and dropped engine rpm and crusied at 40mph to cool everything. Apparently I didn't hurt it because that was 6 months and about 50whp ago, lol.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #3
Good to know, Sourskittle, and thank you. The Mountune AP doesn't allow monitoring of oil temp, so I have no idea what mine is. At least we all know that there is a dummy light when it gets really bad. I've used the heat trick before to lower high temps, but really don't want to have to run the heat in South Florida weather!