Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used Oil Analysis Reports

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am sure that some on here, in even colder climes than I am in, use the T6 year 'round with no seemingly ill effects, but I would not use anything that viscous in the winter in my FiST unless I were open tracking it every day, or it had a decently high viscosity index (like the Red Line 0W-40 does). ;)

It DOES have a fairly high starting TBN (being a 'diesel type' HD oil), so it would help with the winter short trip, DI fuel dilution 'washdown' of the sump oil, but still way too thick on start-up in the 0*F (or lower) to 20*F ambient temps, in my opinion (yup, despite the 5W rating!). [:(]

Next year, for the winter OCI, I will try the Sustina 0W-20, regardless of price, again, IF I can even find it!
(I already did my winter OCI for this year with Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20.)

XanRules

I am sure that some on here, in even colder climes than I am in, use the T6 year 'round with no seemingly ill effects, but I would not use anything that viscous in the winter in my FiST unless I were open tracking it every day, or it had a decently high viscosity index (like the Red Line 0W-40 does). ;)

It DOES have a fairly high starting TBN (being a 'diesel type' HD oil), so it would help with the winter short trip, DI fuel dilution 'washdown' of the sump oil, but still way too thick on start-up in the 0*F (or lower) to 20*F ambient temps, in my opinion (yup, despite the 5W rating!). [:(]

Next year, for the winter OCI, I will try the Sustina 0W-20, regardless of price, again, IF I can even find it!
(I already did my winter OCI for this year with Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20.)
I don't remember the company - FR Autosport, maybe? Something like that - did Oil Change packs for the BRZ that were like, six quarts of Sustina for $70. They'd probably sell you the pack without the oil filter!

I think I'll run Penn Platinum 5w20, especially since it's on sale right now from Amazon for $12.95 for a jug. I don't see any need to run a 5w40 for normal driving on a stock engine unless someone gives me a good reason as to why I should do that.

Baby steps, though, I just put mile 100 on the clock on my way to work this morning. :)

Have a set of those and they are awesome had one filter that was so tight the clamps went to full close before it started to twist. And with the option to use the breaker bar there is no filter that will not come off. This is the ONLY filter removal tool you will ever need.
That's awesome! I've never seen one like that. Where can I get one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here is mine. Changed at 8,057 miles on the oil. Still have TBN left to go. AMSOIL signature series 5w20

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THANKS!

I'm guessing that this is the older formula Sig Series (blended BEFORE 12/17, the PRE anti-LSPI formula), given how sky high the calcium is, and how Mariana Trench low the magnesium level is showing.

I am still considering their new formula (I will buy it DIRECTLY FROM them with a Preferred Customer account, to make SURE that I'm getting the NEW formula!) Sig Series 0W/5W-20 for the winter OCI, as I have given up on the Sustina 0W-20 due to unavailability, and not knowing the calcium, magnesium, or sodium levels at all.
(Unless I say EFF IT ALL and just run the Ravenol DXG 5W-30 {which will be out by then} right through the winter, but the Amsoil has a much higher starting TBN to help combat the fuel dilution/blowby products, and moisture accumulation which then results in acid formation, and is so unavoidable in the winter.)

felopr

What do you guys think of this virgin oil UOA , good or bad?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^HOLY SH*T!!

That oil (at least it's add pack) is WAY MORE impressive than I ever would have thought! [thumb]

It is SERIOUSLY geared towards reduction of LSPI, with that low calcium count, and HIGH magnesium count (which is what gives it it's better than decent starting TBN), and that moly (I am guessing trimer type, which does not need as high a content to be very effective, unlike the older dimer type which did) count is really good.

I have no idea of the makeup of this oil's base stock, but given that QS is part of the SOPUS group, I am going to guess it has a great portion of GTL, with other group 3+, and (hopefully) even a little PAO/POE to help prevent direct injection intake valve deposits.

I am REALLY curious as to this oil's Noack number.

felopr

^^^HOLY SH*T!!

That oil (at least it's add pack) is WAY MORE impressive than I ever would have thought! [thumb]

It is SERIOUSLY geared towards reduction of LSPI, with that low calcium count, and HIGH magnesium count (which is what gives it it's better than decent starting TBN), and that moly (I am guessing trimer type, which does not need as high a content to be very effective, unlike the older dimer type which did) count is really good.

I have no idea of the makeup of this oil's base stock, but given that QS is part of the SOPUS group, I am going to guess it has a great portion of GTL, with other group 3+, and (hopefully) even a little PAO/POE to help prevent direct injection intake valve deposits.

I am REALLY curious as to this oil's Noack number.
Not really my testing but i saw it from bitog a while back, this is the new formulation (dexos1 gen 2), not to be confused with the old formulation gold bottle. As for noack numbers, haven't really saw any numbers for it, apart from RAT540
Last formulation was in the low 8 for noack

Quisp

1000 Post Club
IF it were not for the crazy calcium levels in it (which STILL only result in an 8 starting TBN), I would totally agree. [thumb]
Meets dexos 1 requirements. I contacted Dave there and he said there's other lspi factors besides calcium. He was confident it would be fine. But I'm sure there's some bias involved.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Meets dexos 1 requirements. I contacted Dave there and he said there's other lspi factors besides calcium. He was confident it would be fine. But I'm sure there's some bias involved.
Yes, I know, as I got the same spiel from him when I contacted him about this topic (and YES, high ZDDP levels actually help prevent the dreaded LSPI, but it does kill catcons in even low levels out the exhaust port, eventually :( ).

It would be cool IF they made this oil in just a reduced calcium/higher magnesium formula (with maybe even a shot of titanium thrown in for good measure ;) ), but NOT the very low SAPS 'Euro' version they currently offer (which also reduces the moly, ZDDP, and other anti-wear/anti-friction compounds, along with the reduced calcium).

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Yes, I know, as I got the same spiel from him when I contacted him about this topic (and YES, high ZDDP levels actually help prevent the dreaded LSPI, but it does kill catcons in even low levels out the exhaust port, eventually :( ).

It would be cool IF they made this oil in just a reduced calcium/higher magnesium formula (with maybe even a shot of titanium thrown in for good measure ;) ), but NOT the very low SAPS 'Euro' version they currently offer (which also reduces the moly, ZDDP, and other anti-wear/anti-friction compounds, along with the reduced calcium).
Yes I read up on the "Euro" consensus was it was intended for diesel. I think I'll stick to Quaker ultimate or M1 next change.

Had an analysis done for the first time on my ST, NAPA brand 5w30 with their gold filter. Was surprised they recommended longer intervals of 8k, the way I drive the car in this Florida heat I was expecting worse.

Oil Test pic.jpg

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Had an analysis done for the first time on my ST, NAPA brand 5w30 with their gold filter. Was surprised they recommended longer intervals of 8k, the way I drive the car in this Florida heat I was expecting worse.

View attachment 26046
Are you the dude that had a youtube video of that 11 second run in the MS3?