Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2 or 4 or 6 Point Pierce Motosports Brace

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I won't bother leaving any feedback as it seems any engineering based theory isn't welcome here.

Did you install all the braces at once or individually ?
I installed the Trunk bar first as I did not have to raise the car and drove maybe a week, then I did the traction bar, crossmember and the torsion bar together. I would have loved to install them one by one, but I do my mods when I can and with 2 kids, it's not often.

I'm sure the six point stiffens everything even more!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I won't bother leaving any feedback as it seems any engineering based theory isn't welcome here.
Your input is welcomed, but one must understand there is a difference between theory and practice. We're arguing that in practice, the Fiesta ST benefits from more than just a 2 point brace against the theory that it doesn't need it.

I have not seen anyone in this thread that have more than a 2 points says it's a waste of money and only those that have none or just a 2 points are saying it's unnecessary to have more.

I'd love for someone to come and remove 1 or 2 of my braces without me knowing and see if I'll notice a difference. That would be the best test. In the meantime, there's an overwhelming number of people WITH the braces saying they make a difference vs people WITHOUT saying they don't make a difference.

By all means, let us know what you're thinking, but don't just flat out say they do nothing without trying them.

PS.:I'm not trying to single you out or putting words in your mouth as I don't know what is your stance on this.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Although I always welcome everyone's information because I learn a lot from it, this is more about feel.

I started with the 2 pt brace on my '11 Fiesta SES then after getting my FiST, I have had all 3 front braces on it.
In fact I helped develop the 4 & 6 point and did a lot of testing.

Yes the Fiesta as built by Ford does not NEED any bracing however, I was always taught that the stiffer the chassis, the better.
If you just look at the mounting of the front A arms, you see that the front bolts are somewhat long and this allows some flex of the arms.
By adding a 2pt brace you can eliminate this flex.

The same is true of the lower sub-frame, it too is held in with long bolts and also allows some flex.
However, now the flex is in the complete suspension cradle and the 4 pt does help eliminate this some and it is better than just the 2 pt.

The best bet is the 6 pt brace, as it not only does all of the above but also ties the sub-frame to the body and eliminates almost all of the flex.
You CAN really feel the difference.

Personally I don't care what you do to your car but this is what I did to mine and I LIKE IT.

Dave

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
No way, I am not wading into giving my opinion on this subject anymore. There are way smarter people here and my experience is no match for them. There are dozens of posts on the subject and I have weighed in on one too many. I have no problem waving the white flag and say I give up on the subject. It is better to agree with the masses than provide an alternative view or thought. This is the last I will ever speak to the subject. I will leave it to those far smarter than I will ever be.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Has anyone experienced lower lap or quarter mile times with any combination of bracing ?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/zGoKuSfJYUI?t=6m37s

The R8 frame is constructed of carbon-fiber and aluminum. It is incredibly strong and stiff and yet on the 2nd-gen R8 V10 RWS ($165k msrp btw), they gained 50% rigidity by adding strut braces and cross braces. Weird!