Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally Armor mud flaps

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
These flaps will be around the same ball park as other car flaps. It was very expensive for them to make the 3d moldings and brackets for this car. From what Costas said this car wasnt mean to have flaps installed and its by far the most difficult to do.

I get some like the rally look, but I wish the aftermarket would make molded ones similar to what Ford offers on non-ST Fiesta's. I get the Rally style flaps offer more protection, but they do nothing for the looks of the car in my opinion.
Thinking that when I get my 3M done,I will just have them 3M the lower sill plates under the doors and just go with that.

I don't winter drive my car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I get some like the rally look, but I wish the aftermarket would make molded ones similar to what Ford offers on non-ST Fiesta's. I get the Rally style flaps offer more protection, but they do nothing for the looks of the car in my opinion.
Thinking that when I get my 3M done,I will just have them 3M the lower sill plates under the doors and just go with that.

I don't winter drive my car.
well since the Rally Armor [MENTION=2446]Rallyarmor[/MENTION] includes the molded trim, you could always trim the flap portion to something more desirable. That is my though anyway. The cost is high but i count that as it is for the mounting and molded portion. One could buy cheap urethane truck mudflaps and cut them down to what you want for summer saving the rally armor flaps for winter. I think that is what I will do.

SPhilli911

Any idea or estimation what they'll cost? For my STI they were about $140 when I got them, but there was no hardware other than the screws/ washers and whatnot. I imagine these will be more expensive.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If anyone wants my RokBlokz (unused) PM me to keep this on topic. Shameless plug is over.

I'm definitely getting some Rally Armor as soon as they're available.

I'm probably switching from RokBlokz to RA when they'll come out. I have the rokblokz on since last june, they do a good job protecting the body but the amount of dirt accumulating between the flap and the rocker is too damn high. I'm afraid that the humidity may cause rust in there... Do the RA accumulates lot of dirt so far?

Oops. I made a dumb post. They do look like the pic earlier... Just different color.

I'm probably switching from RokBlokz to RA when they'll come out. I have the rokblokz on since last june, they do a good job protecting the body but the amount of dirt accumulating between the flap and the rocker is too damn high. I'm afraid that the humidity may cause rust in there... Do the RA accumulates lot of dirt so far?
Don't really have any accumulation as of right now. Driven 200 miles since they were installed between going home from the city and going to work today.

FYI - my RB's look nothing like what they do in that pic right there.

(RA's still look cleaner over though based on the pics)
When I installed mine it was this time last year and their instructions said to remove the cap on the skirt. I know they changed that soon after and said to leave it on. That could be why mine looks different. That picture was from August as well. My RBs were dirty (as well as the rest of the car) for some of the recent pictures but they were definitely a little faded from last year.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The link doesn't take you to a list. Just the site page. Do you have to contact the sales department regarding the list?

SPhilli911

Dunno about an actual waiting list or anything, but I got an email back from Rally Armor. Currently in production blah blah, release date not known blah blah, we'll email you when they are available.

I hope they become available soon, I'd like to get something on my car right away since I drive down a pretty nasty dirt road to get home.