Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally Armor mud flaps

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Lol

I will keep prodding. Btw the rocks hitting the rocker panel are doing more damage than the drilling. Just saying. :D
That is true. I just don't trust myself. I'll ask around and see if I can't find somebody I know, and trust, to put them on for me. I do love the look of them and the functionally.

Anyone with an Oxford White car gotten the black with red logo flaps yet? Just ordered mine and a small part of me wishes I had gotten the grey logo instead.

Finished my blue logos today. Simple simple simple. The drilling is not bad at all, and the finish is impeccable. Much better than cobbling together a set of universal flaps and looks like a little more thought went into them than the rb.

I also really love that they are made right here in NY.

MPA

For the inner front screw that goes into the outer part of the factory push fastener and the bracket - should it fit snugly? When I tried mine it was very loose, and I was just worried it would fall out, so I haven't finished the installation. I was going to try and find a bigger screw that could work with it

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For the inner front screw that goes into the outer part of the factory push fastener and the bracket - should it fit snugly? When I tried mine it was very loose, and I was just worried it would fall out, so I haven't finished the installation. I was going to try and find a bigger screw that could work with it
All screws should be snug. I added removable strength thread lock to all fasteners. None have come loose in 10k miles.

JasonHaven

Any car wash warnings to be had?

Haven't had my car washed since installing the mudflaps, just want to make sure I can go to my usual place.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Any car wash warnings to be had?

Haven't had my car washed since installing the mudflaps, just want to make sure I can go to my usual place.
Normal lower car warning only. I have been doing my winter weekly car wash booth touch and touchless for the past 4 week. Nothing loose or damaged. I did clean the rear area for the foam very well for proper adhesion.

JasonHaven

Normal lower car warning only. I have been doing my winter weekly car wash booth touch and touchless for the past 4 week. Nothing loose or damaged. I did clean the rear area for the foam very well for proper adhesion.
Yeah that foam is the part I'm worried about... I almost wish it was a molded rubber or something instead.

MPA

All screws should be snug. I added removable strength thread lock to all fasteners. None have come loose in 10k miles.
Thanks for the reply - I may have to remove the piece and bring it to home depot andfind something that works since the screw they provide doesn't get anywhere even snug.

The foam pieces are the same as the factory versions already installed.

Mpa did you re use the factory fastener or did you use the new one they supply? The directions are unclear in that spot and I made the mistake of re using the factory fastener. Took it out and popped in the one they gave me with the kit and all was right.

MPA

The foam pieces are the same as the factory versions already installed.

Mpa did you re use the factory fastener or did you use the new one they supply? The directions are unclear in that spot and I made the mistake of re using the factory fastener. Took it out and popped in the one they gave me with the kit and all was right.
Looking at the instructions it said to pull the factory fastener, and pull out the center push piece, and then use the screw. I'll have to re-read the instructions tonight.

That's what I did and it was ng.

They give you the fasteners to use and they work brilliantly. I wondered for a minute as I was doing the rears and had the ah-ha moment when I saw how much extra hardware I had.

Any recommendations for what to use to plug the holes after removing the flaps? Flaps on in winter, off the rest of the year.

I just bought a pair of black mudflaps with the red lettering for my red fist. I'm super excited..are these pretty challenging to install? I'm a pretty shitty wrench, how much would a shop charge you think?

I just bought a pair of black mudflaps with the red lettering for my red fist. I'm super excited..are these pretty challenging to install? I'm a pretty shitty wrench, how much would a shop charge you think?
It's really not difficult all you need is a couple wrenches and a drill with a few bits. Just take your time follow the instructions.

SPhilli911

They're not bad to install, the instructions are pretty clear. Just take your time, double check the drill points before drilling holes and make sure everything lines up. The hardest part is removing the rivet on the rears.

Personally I wouldn't trust a shop with it. It may be easy, but a shop might not put in the same care as you when it comes to drilling.

SPhilli911

Anyone else here taking these off from time to time to unclog the mud behind the lower trim piece on the fronts?

I'm not sure if I installed them incorrectly, maybe the holes I drilled were off, but there is a gap between the car and the trim piece that comes with the front mud flaps and they get mud behind them. The mudflaps do not sit flush in the fronts and over time they seem to pack full of mud and push the trim away even more, so I have to adjust them every couple of months.