Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally Armor mud flaps

Do you have a pic? I just washed my car the other day and noticed the same behind the actual mud flaps. Between the flaps and the body/trim pieces. Bent them back a bit and pushed out the rocks and debris.

Definitely annoying but it wasn't bad from about 7-8 months of use.

SPhilli911

Do you have a pic? I just washed my car the other day and noticed the same behind the actual mud flaps. Between the flaps and the body/trim pieces. Bent them back a bit and pushed out the rocks and debris.

Definitely annoying but it wasn't bad from about 7-8 months of use.
This is the gap after maybe 2-3 months of driving:

Here it is after removing the flap and reinstalling after cleaning mud out. Still not totally flush, but good enough:

Also, just noticing that the front brackets are beginning to rust. I've had these on my car a year.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
mine are very tight to the body. No gap what so ever. Took a long time to form and pre test to get that shape. Alternatively if I had the gap I was going to glue the molded piece to the body, wait for it to dry and then reattach the flap.

To bring this thread back to life, do you have to take off all the wheels to install it? Or can you just turn the front wheels and take off the back ones? Can I use the spare wheel jack or should I look into getting a real jack when I get the mud flaps? I was planning on getting ramps to change the oil, but would it be more useful to get a jack and jack stands?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
To bring this thread back to life, do you have to take off all the wheels to install it? Or can you just turn the front wheels and take off the back ones? Can I use the spare wheel jack or should I look into getting a real jack when I get the mud flaps? I was planning on getting ramps to change the oil, but would it be more useful to get a jack and jack stands?
You could turn the wheels but it is easier with the tire off. Yes you could use the spare jack just do not put any limbs under the car and place something underneath the car so it does not fall on you even blocks of wood to act as a jack stand. You could use the wheel you took off.

You could turn the wheels but it is easier with the tire off. Yes you could use the spare jack just do not put any limbs under the car and place something underneath the car so it does not fall on you even blocks of wood to act as a jack stand. You could use the wheel you took off.
Looking at it jacks and Jack stands really aren't that expensive so I'd probably go the safe route.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A7xogg

This is the gap after maybe 2-3 months of driving:

Here it is after removing the flap and reinstalling after cleaning mud out. Still not totally flush, but good enough:

Also, just noticing that the front brackets are beginning to rust. I've had these on my car a year.
was sold of these, but after seeing the rust idk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Just hit the brackets with some POR-15 Top Coat black paint, or even some Plasti-Dip spray. ;)
Rocker or truck bed liner paint works better as it will be more resistant to rocks.

As for the gap I added some silicone glue in the molded price and put it in place over night without the flap. Once set it help keep everything tight.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^True, but they seem to be a durable, quality product otherwise, correct?? (I really want to know, since I plan on getting them as well.)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
^^^True, but they seem to be a durable, quality product otherwise, correct?? (I really want to know, since i plan on getting them as well. ;) )
Yes they are. If during the winter and in gravel roads. They are sturdy. The bracket rust is a cosmetic thing if caught early. All other parts are stainless steel so no issues.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It would be cool if they had a stainless bracket option, but then that material might be considered to be too brittle for that application?

SPhilli911

Yes they are. If during the winter and in gravel roads. They are sturdy. The bracket rust is a cosmetic thing if caught early. All other parts are stainless steel so no issues.
Sadly, I didn't catch the rust in time and they are falling apart. I will have to buy more eventually and in that case I will spray them with truck liner stuff before installing. Shame they won't sell just the hardware, so I need to buy a new set. Perhaps I can make replacements myself though...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sadly, I didn't catch the rust in time and they are falling apart. I will have to buy more eventually and in that case I will spray them with truck liner stuff before installing. Shame they won't sell just the hardware, so I need to buy a new set. Perhaps I can make replacements myself though...
Personally I would reach out to Rally Armor and see what they say. I'm not suggesting they would make everything perfect but they could surprise you and have just the brackets available. Only thing wasted would be a quick email with some pictures.

Is it bad to leave mud flaps on all year? Will that mess up the bumper when just doing some spirited driving? I plan on installing them for the winter, but the canyon I was in this weekend had a lot of grit and I'd like to put my mind at ease by having these on. Has anyone had any problems leaving them on constantly?

I've had mine on since april 2015. No problems. [MENTION=5375]BiigMe[/MENTION] what kind of problems are you worried about? If anything, mpg might be impacted slightly because of more drag. That's the only problem I could think of. What that value is, no clue.

I've had mine on since april 2015. No problems. [MENTION=5375]BiigMe[/MENTION] what kind of problems are you worried about? If anything, mpg might be impacted slightly because of more drag. That's the only problem I could think of. What that value is, no clue.
More just will the trim pieces get warped, but if you've had them on that long with no problem I don't imagine I'll have any