Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally Armor mud flaps

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They ARE Rally Armors just with Fifteen 52's logo on them (just like the ones with Mountune's logo on them which I have to install when I get the chance).

As far as I know, Rally Armor still makes them with a small Rally Armor logo in gray on them, if you want an even more subtle look on the Magnetic (unless you have Fifteen 52 wheels/body work on your car, in which case yes, i would want their logo on the flaps ;) ).

I ended up getting a great price from Oakos here on the forums for the black with red logo. Just installed them this past weekend and absolutely love the look.

Yes they are. If during the winter and in gravel roads. They are sturdy. The bracket rust is a cosmetic thing if caught early. All other parts are stainless steel so no issues.
Reviving a dead-ish thread. Do you think an aluminum bracket would hold up any better than whatever unprotected steel they're using? I have a machinist friend who can probably put together something for me.

Also, I wished they had an option to have no logo on these. Hate advertising for other people. Especially since they're making me pay a $130+ premium over their standard universal mudflaps.

Reviving a dead-ish thread. Do you think an aluminum bracket would hold up any better than whatever unprotected steel they're using? I have a machinist friend who can probably put together something for me.

Also, I wished they had an option to have no logo on these. Hate advertising for other people. Especially since they're making me pay a $130+ premium over their standard universal mudflaps.
To he honest mine do not show any rust and they have been on for 2 winters. Also you could just install them backwards and have the logo facing the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

The aluminum needs to be strong and thin. If too flexible it will warp when the flap moves in the wind. Too thick it will push the nuts too close to the tires.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
^^^So 304, or 18/8 stainless steel would be a better corrosion proof material to make a replacement bracket from??
It should, the bolts and nuts are fairing well. But in fairness the bracket is in direct line of sight for all the road debris, rain, etc... it will get hammered. RA should offer a kit that refreshes(read as replace) the hardware without buying the whole flap. The would be just the brackets maybe the nuts and screws.

Hello forum members, im hoping one of you can help lend a hand or advice. I bought some fiesta specific rally armor mudflaps from another member but the kit is lacking hardware. I cannot request new hardware due to not having a receipt and i prefer to use their specific hardware rather than put something together. If anyone is willing to help me by ordering the hardware as if it was for you but ill give you the funds and $10 extra. Easy favor that would really help a fellow hoonigan out. Thanks in advance for the read and happy hoonin.

anticon

Has anyone tried to seal up the area behind the plastic trim in the fender/side skirt where all the mud and stuff accumulates?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16616-Where-Mud-Goes-After-Driving-on-It

I bought some silicon window sealant from home depot with the thought that if I just plugged the holes with sealant then the mud couldn't get in there and I wouldn't have to clean it out periodically and worry about rust. I also considered expanding foam, or some sort of a DIY plug lightly glued in. But I was also thinking if there is condensation in there that couldn't get out, that could lead to more problems. Maybe I should leave a small drain hole? Just looking for thoughts...

I am planning on installing a set of the Rally Armor mudflaps on my car this weekend. After reading this whole thread, I painted the bare metal with some rustoleum rubberized undercoating spray, and I was planning on using some construction adhesive to seal/attach the mudflaps to the fender liner if necessary.

anticon

Has anyone tried to seal up the area behind the plastic trim in the fender/side skirt where all the mud and stuff accumulates?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16616-Where-Mud-Goes-After-Driving-on-It

I bought some silicon window sealant from home depot with the thought that if I just plugged the holes with sealant then the mud couldn't get in there and I wouldn't have to clean it out periodically and worry about rust. I also considered expanding foam, or some sort of a DIY plug lightly glued in. But I was also thinking if there is condensation in there that couldn't get out, that could lead to more problems. Maybe I should leave a small drain hole? Just looking for thoughts...

I am planning on installing a set of the Rally Armor mudflaps on my car this weekend. After reading this whole thread, I painted the bare metal with some rustoleum rubberized undercoating spray, and I was planning on using some construction adhesive to seal/attach the mudflaps to the fender liner if necessary.
Well I found out this was kind of a silly question. The side skirts are plastic and are open to under the car so you couldn't seal them anyway. The other spot that accumulates dirt is behind the fender liner, and I don't think there is much to seal there either.

The undercoating paint never adhered to the metal. I should have prepped it better.

Gluing the flap to the car would probably work but would be difficult to uninstall.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well I found out this was kind of a silly question. The side skirts are plastic and are open to under the car so you couldn't seal them anyway. The other spot that accumulates dirt is behind the fender liner, and I don't think there is much to seal there either.

The undercoating paint never adhered to the metal. I should have prepped it better.

Gluing the flap to the car would probably work but would be difficult to uninstall.
I used 3 full (2 day 'cure' in between each coat) coats of POR-15 and then one coat of black Plasti-Dip on the steel (the ONLY part they made out of rust prone material in the WHOLE kit, but is subject to the MOST 'blasting' by everything on the road!) outer retaining bracket for the front flaps (the ones that Canadian Guy above is speaking to). ;)

I want to install these this coming week, to be on the car for working the New England Forest Rally, which I am volunteering at on the 19th.
Roughly, how long did it take you to install all four? [dunno]