Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

acc powered wire.. ???

hi, is there a wire where i can tap in to get my boost gauge to work.. ive tried all the radio/nav unit wires and none seems to be acc conected.. could i go on the dimmer.. ? i dont feel like running a wire all the way in to the fuse box..

thanks

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
hi, is there a wire where i can tap in to get my boost gauge to work.. ive tried all the radio/nav unit wires and none seems to be acc conected.. could i go on the dimmer.. ? i dont feel like running a wire all the way in to the fuse box..

thanks
Doesn't your boost gauge require a constant on? I highly suggest spending a little extra time and wire it to the fuse box using a fuse tap. Since the radio/nav is so heavily integrated into the car, it's not worth the risk of splicing wires and potentially causing electrical problems.

In the fuse box, F11 is the ignition and F16 is the constant power.

Here is a useful thread.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-DIY-for-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Valentine-V1-detector

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Fixing it tomorrow this way! I though the fuse box was all the way in the engine bay..