Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil cooler, adapter, hoses, DIY and why

DvC

[MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION]

Rick i was just looking at a DIY solution too. Mishimoto is high as a kite if they think people will buy a 500 oil cooler.

codestp202

[MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION]

Rick i was just looking at a DIY solution too. Mishimoto is high as a kite if they think people will buy a 500 oil cooler.
I'm most likely going to end up building / documenting everything on my own kit here soon.

codestp202

Yeah i am doing research too. I will pull the trigger on a kit this week and install next week. I will document as well
Hey, so I've ordered the Racerpartswholesale kit and now I need two parts besides the brackets which are easy to fab, and the m8 and m6 nuts / lock nuts to attach.

1.A hex pipe nipple to connect the mocal thermostats center pipe to the engine, about 1 3/4" to 2.5" long male to male 3/4"x 16 threads. I cannot find one in these threads, we absolutely need this to get rid of the liquid-liquid cooler. I'm not going to take the stock exchanger off until I go to do the job, so I was going to order a couple sizes of the hex nipple

Something like this:

So when attached to the mocal unit, it would look like Mishimotos center bolt:

This is where the mishimoto kit differs, because its sandwich plates center bolt is much longer then the mocal unit and has male threads to screw into the engine. I'm wondering if we can use the stock one in place of the mocal one, or if the stock one will be too long...
Watch from 5:48 to see the old center bolt and the mishimoto center bolt. We need the threaded pipe with the hex head to extend the mocal center bolt. Screw it onto the engine, then screw the mocal unit onto that.
https://youtu.be/pSvEwQugFdA?t=5m48s

2.A connector for the hoses from the liquid to liquid exchange. I need to figure out the diameter of outlets on the cooler and this part is easy to find. Does anyone know the diameter of the stock outlets on the liquid to liquid exchange?

$17 bucks from here but can be found cheaper elswhere or find a pipe of this diameter to use.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Aluminum-90-Degree-Hose-Connectors,49595.html

EDIT: I emailed mishimoto asking if they would sell their center bolt. Will update
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] would you guys sell your center bolt?

DvC

I just purchased a kit from amazon. I will post my install results as soon as its done.

codestp202

A Mocal dealer recommended either of these from eBay item no. 152478824316 or 401295047560.
And I read about this fitting on this or another forum: https://m.summitracing.com/parts/trd...vZMaAi_r8P8HAQ
Do these look like they will fit compared to what you're using?
Those ebay links look almost perfect, I have to try to find one that isn't from the UK lol. Hey that Summit Racing link didn't work, wanna give me the part number?
Thanks!!

Those ebay links look almost perfect, I have to try to find one that isn't from the UK lol. Hey that Summit Racing link didn't work, wanna give me the part number?
Thanks!!
Brand:Trans-Dapt Performance Products
Manufacturer's Part Number:1034
Part Type:Oil Filter Nipples
Product Line:Trans-Dapt Performance Oil Filter Nipples
Summit Racing Part Number:TRD-1034
UPC: 086923010340
Oil Filter Nipple Thread Size: 3/4 in.-16
Oil Filter Nipple Length: 1.250 in.
Oil Filter Nipple Material: Steel
Quantity: Sold individually.

codestp202

Brand:Trans-Dapt Performance Products
Manufacturer's Part Number:1034
Part Type:Oil Filter Nipples
Product Line:Trans-Dapt Performance Oil Filter Nipples
Summit Racing Part Number:TRD-1034
UPC: 086923010340
Oil Filter Nipple Thread Size: 3/4 in.-16
Oil Filter Nipple Length: 1.250 in.
Oil Filter Nipple Material: Steel
Quantity: Sold individually.

Thanks dude!
I'm going to buy the 2 inch one off ebay, and the 1.25 inch one off summit to cover all my bases!

Now I'm looking for the 5/8" od connector hose fitting.

Do you guys see any issues with using plastic fittings? I haven't had luck yet finding aluminum or ss fittings in 5/8" OD. However, I've found these:
Edit: Afterthought, are we sure the ID of the hose is 5/8"? Because Sekred is in Australia and they get the euro spec cars right? Do we know if the OD would be different?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-47062/overview/
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-47094/overview/
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-3...=UTF8&qid=1492889050&sr=1-1&keywords=19193801

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
I am sorry to not be of much help on this, way to brain dead right now, major job getting the truck sold, moving into the new (older but far better 5th wheel), moving mods from the old(newer but pile of crap Voltage toyhauler), etc...and still not done yet.

Those 1.25", etc, couplings will not work, have to be much longer

codestp202

Looks like everything fits and i wont have to remove anything. I will post up more when i get home
Ah I see you are keeping the stock oil cooler.

I'm fully deleting that, Mishimoto was kind enough to sell me their sandwich plate adapter bolt and coolant reroute hose. I'll be doing the full install on Saturday and documenting.
Hoping all my cooling mods are enough as I'll be at buttonwillow on May 14th.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
To remove the stock cooler it takes a fairly long allen head wrench, I found a socket with the right reach at NAPA, I think it was 12mm but not sure now.