Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Yet another one in Washington state

I actually bought my PB 2015 in late November but thought I'd say hello too. I have yet to see another one in my area around Redmond - they must still be pretty rare.

I'm getting my Koni Sports today and Team Dynamics from Chalon at the end of the month. I hope to be prepped by next month for some HPDE fun around the NW!

meFiSTo

I hope to be prepped by next month for some HPDE fun around the NW!
Awesome man! Always looking for like-minded folks to hang with at track days. The trick is coordinating timing. Like Chris suggested, check in at the PNW regional page and let's see if we can work out a G2G once things warm up a bit.

The link in my signature leads to an informal, HPDE-focused car club listing. It used to be a calendar, but I ran out of energy to maintain that.

In any event: Herzlich willkommen!

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. It's been a few years since I've done a lapping day. I used to keep a CCA membership to attend those and PCA track days. What's the opinion on the best club to join for the most reciprocal club events in the NW - PCA, CCA or ??

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard [welcome]

meFiSTo

Thanks for the welcomes. It's been a few years since I've done a lapping day. I used to keep a CCA membership to attend those and PCA track days. What's the opinion on the best club to join for the most reciprocal club events in the NW - PCA, CCA or ??
First off, I"m not a big fan of the PNW Porsche and BMW CCA events. I find those guys to be super anal and generally marque-specific snobs socially. But i've only ever had a cheap Ford to run with them (my old SVT Focus). When you say "reciprocal" are you asking about which clubs accept members from the other clubs? The only one that does not is really the Audi club as far as I know. I wound up tilting to organizers that had no restrictions regarding participation. I prefer these organizers/clubs:

• Club Lotus Northwest (Portland)
  • Alfa Romeo of Oregon (Portland)
  • NW Alfa Romeo Club (Pacific Raceways, although this year I see no events for them)
  • IRDC (Pacific Raceways)
  • Proformance Race School partnered with Cantrell Motorsports (various, although I mostly ran with them at Pacific Raceways...hoping to visit the Ridge with them this year; they also have events at ORP; Pacific Raceways is Proformance's home track and where they run their school).
  • Team Continental (really nice folks, with HPDE events at ORP connected with regional races weekends they sponsor; eventually I might try to get out with them again)

Of the marque-focused clubs, I personally like the Audi Club NW folks, but you have to pay the membership dues to participate (no other requirement). They are pretty laid back, although run a tight ship on track day. But their hearts are in the right place. They want to keep it safe.

I'm not familiar with CCA (unless you mean BMW CCA?). I like the Oregon Porsche and BMW guys more, but their events are VERY crowded and, again, very marque-centric.

YMMV.