Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Crashed

Well, crashed the FiST yesterday. Impact wasn't that strong but the air bag deployed into my arm and messed up my shoulder (was turning left and my right arm was on the left side of the steering wheel when the airbag deployed)

Guy in a huge SUV in front of me apparently wasn't paying attention on the highway and he abruptly switched from the left lane to the right lane without braking or signaling, and right in front of him was a car moving along at about 5mph. Didn't have time to brake in time not to hit him so I started swerving into the ditch, but the guy in front of me saw me coming and did the same at the same time, so we both collided with each other in the ditch. It's unfortunate he *was* paying attention, if he stayed on the road I would have missed him completely and my car would have just got a little dirty. Looking back its possible I could have gone into the right lane but then it could have potentially caused a multiple car collision because the highway was pretty crowded, my instincts told me to drive where there were no cars.

Also I remembered to uninstall my accessport, so that will be for sale (with Accesstuner Race software)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Damn...sorry to hear and see....but glad to hear that you and everyone else is ok...But still sucks I'm sure...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Well, crashed the FiST yesterday. Impact wasn't that strong but the air bag deployed into my arm and messed up my shoulder (was turning left and my right arm was on the left side of the steering wheel when the airbag deployed)

Guy in a huge SUV in front of me apparently wasn't paying attention on the highway and he abruptly switched from the left lane to the right lane without braking or signaling, and right in front of him was a car moving along at about 5mph. Didn't have time to brake in time not to hit him so I started swerving into the ditch, but the guy in front of me saw me coming and did the same at the same time, so we both collided with each other in the ditch. It's unfortunate he *was* paying attention, if he stayed on the road I would have missed him completely and my car would have just got a little dirty. Looking back its possible I could have gone into the right lane but then it could have potentially caused a multiple car collision because the highway was pretty crowded, my instincts told me to drive where there were no cars.

Also I remembered to uninstall my accessport, so that will be for sale (with Accesstuner Race software)
So sorry to hear about your car man. It hurts me seeing a FiST get injured even tho it isnt mine especially a black one :(
If your willing to part the access tuner software lmk. Glad you are ok.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Damn...sorry to hear and see....but glad to hear that you and everyone else is ok...But still sucks I'm sure...
Yeah no major injuries to report, we were both traveling in the same direction so the impact forces weren't that bad, mostly just the airbag deploying at like 200mph that hurt me.

Sucks about the car, I loved the FiST, one of my buddies is selling his 04 WRX so I'm probably going to pick that up next and enjoy some time with some smaller car payments. I highly doubt they are going to quote a repair on this considering the damage to the frame.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
So sorry to hear about your car man. It hurts me seeing a FiST get injured even tho it isnt mine especially a black one :(
If your willing to part the access tuner software lmk. Glad you are ok.
From what I read in some other threads, the software can't be separated from the AP, they're basically a bundle once it's purchased. I'll check with Cobb and see what they say.

I'll probably have to just sell them both together.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
From what I read in some other threads, the software can't be separated from the AP, they're basically a bundle once it's purchased. I'll check with Cobb and see what they say.

I'll probably have to just sell them both together.
Ok np ty

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hey man, sorry for what happened but at least you are okay...a little beat up from the air bag, but okay. The FiST can be replaced for sure..and good on you for remembering to uninstall the AP. I would have totally forgot.

MOFiST

You're alive and in one piece. That's all that really matters at the end of the day. Yes it sucks but you're able to turn the page and move on. Good luck with Rex :)

OP
R
Thread Starter #10
You're alive and in one piece. That's all that really matters at the end of the day. Yes it sucks but you're able to turn the page and move on. Good luck with Rex :)
Lol, my wife asked me "are you sad?" She knows how much I like the FiST. I said "naw, cars are just stuff and can be replaced."

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Glad no hurt worse than you are but watch that shoulder, sometimes seemingly minor injuries can be much worse, I know as am disabled in both shoulders from racquetball and skiing, lost nearly all rotation and years of therapy did not help, saying this as a reminder to not sign off on anything until you are absolutely sure you are OK.

------------

Sorry to hear about the car, understand making a change.

It has been great having you here and if you want to hang around by all means do so, we have a great community here:)

Sincerely
Rick

I was in accident almost a year ago, my girlfriend was hurting but I wasn't at the time. 2 hours later my back and neck were killing me and I had some damage to my shoulder, I ended up doing 8 months of therapy. Get yourself checked out, you've got nothing to lose. I'm sorry about your car man, I can only imagine how much it sucks, we love our cars and losing them is painful. Glad you're OK and you're able to walk away from this.

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
I was in accident almost a year ago, my girlfriend was hurting but I wasn't at the time. 2 hours later my back and neck were killing me and I had some damage to my shoulder, I ended up doing 8 months of therapy. Get yourself checked out, you've got nothing to lose. I'm sorry about your car man, I can only imagine how much it sucks, we love our cars and losing them is painful. Glad you're OK and you're able to walk away from this.
I went to the doctor, he thinks it's just a strain and not a rotator cuff injury. I'll be checking in with them in a week to see how my progress is going and if it's not getting better after a little while I'll go in for an MRI to see what's actually wrong. I'm currently in a sling.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Glad you are OK and doing well mentally and health wise
Also from personal experiance the Tuner software is LOCKED to the AP as I found out after I sold a AP and had to repurchase the Race software from COBB live and learn I guess ..

OP
R
Thread Starter #15
Glad you are OK and doing well mentally and health wise
Also from personal experiance the Tuner software is LOCKED to the AP as I found out after I sold a AP and had to repurchase the Race software from COBB live and learn I guess ..
Yeah, I plan on selling them together. I'll post it sometime this week on the forums :)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yeah, I plan on selling them together. I'll post it sometime this week on the forums :)
All you need to do is provide the link COBB sent you to allow the new owner to DL the software I think it has been a while so I could be wrong or it may have changed .. Best ask COBB to be sure.. again sorry for your loss of the car..