Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Torsion Bar

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Did you receive that Pierce 2 point bar yet? Installed? Impressions?
Yes sir! Easy 5 minute install on a lift.

I haven't had a chance to blast it in the twisties yet but the steering feel is like it's connected to your brain!

I just ordered 2 bars from Daniel@TB. The rear torsion bar and another. I'll start a new thread once I receive them.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is funny how when I started using these bars on my '11 Fiesta I was scoffed at.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Really? What did people say?
This of course was some time ago on other forums.
But most comments were that the car didn't need these things.
Also the performance or handling would not be improved.

Now that more people are using them.
Many are seeing the benefits.

Dave

Received the bar earlier this week, however was out of town on business. Installed today, took a little longer for me as I do not have ramps, also had a helluva time finding bushings to fit. Just did a quick test with it around our traffic circles here, can certainly tell the difference with the rear sliding out a bit more. Will do a more in depth review when I've had the chance to play a bit more.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
For the record bushings aren't required... I just added them as an experiment.

no-pistons

Uh, why not just use the correct size tube/bushing stock so you wont have such huge hole for the bolt? Seems weird to me...

Uh, why not just use the correct size tube/bushing stock so you wont have such huge hole for the bolt? Seems weird to me...
Possibly to allow the installer the option of bushing choices? That's just my guess, I will agree that they could have been smaller holes, would have made a bushing easier to find.

Decided to order one and test it out with my coilovers, I'll let you all know if its too much or not. If it is I may take it off and sell it.

no-pistons

Possibly to allow the installer the option of bushing choices? That's just my guess, I will agree that they could have been smaller holes, would have made a bushing easier to find.
With all do respect, that makes no sense. If the correct material was used there would be no need for a bushing. As far as I can tell, the reason people are sourcing a bushing is to correct for a bad design.

That may be the case, just my (very non-mechanically inclined) shot in the dark. Have no complaints out of it thus far, however not pushing the car very much due to a wheel issue.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
With all do respect, that makes no sense. If the correct material was used there would be no need for a bushing. As far as I can tell, the reason people are sourcing a bushing is to correct for a bad design.
Bad design of this product??

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
Bad design of this product??
I don't believe so. I think the washer dishing under stress puts constant tension on the bolt and avoids squeaking. My additional bushings leave room for the washers to squish.

no-pistons

Maybe you guys are just more accustomed to putting a skinny shaft into a large hole than I am. haha [grinking]

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
I've finally had time to revisit some twisty roads I know well and here's how I can sum it up (keep in mind I have the Pierce 2-point lower):

One would expect that tightening up the rear would make the point at which the rear end steps out and rotates come earlier. It doesn't. What actually happens is TOTAL GRIP limits are greatly raised. The car still steps out but if you were previously taking a turn at 40 to get it to step out, that point is now 60+. It definitely still steps out but at much greater cornering loads.

Highly recommended. Now I need to order my Pierce front upper bar.