Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Torsion Bar

How long is it taking people to get their orders? Order the front 2 point and rear torsion bar back on 27 April and still haven't received it yet.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
How long is it taking people to get their orders? Order the front 2 point and rear torsion bar back on 27 April and still haven't received it yet.
Mine took a little over 2 weeks to get. But that was the rear tb and trunk brace not the new front mount 2 point..

Young L

I ordered mine March 27th and still have not got it. I emailed last week and he said to give it another week, I am in germany and sometimes the APO mailing system can take awhile especially if its not sent priority which I think is what happened.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I know this is the torsion bar thread but does anyone have the torque specs on the two bolts that the front traction bar from TB Perf uses...and also are the bolts torque to yield?

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
I know this is the torsion bar thread but does anyone have the torque specs on the two bolts that the front traction bar from TB Perf uses...and also are the bolts torque to yield?
Not TTY. Give them 120ft/lb.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Here is what the manual says:

Torque :
Stage 1: 63 Nm
Stage 2: 180?

So I think you got enough.

180 Nm actually comes out to about 132 ft/lbs.
I am not sure what they mean by 180? however.

Dave

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Here is what the manual says:

Torque :

So I think you got enough.

180 Nm actually comes out to about 132 ft/lbs.
I am not sure what they mean by 180? however.

Dave
Thanks as well. I would think if they listed part of it in Nm the the 180 would be Nm, lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks as well. I would think if they listed part of it in Nm the the 180 would be Nm, lol.

I stopped trying to out think FoMoCo a long time ago.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Torque :

Think the 180? is 180 degrees of rotation on the bolt after it is torqued to 63Nm

I got my 4pt brace, torsion bar, and BC coilovers installed. The ride is great, not too stiff. Personally I think the car rides much better.

MOFiST

So after some spirited driving I feel it's definitely has firmed up the rear. Thing is with these crappy shocks I feel I'm noticing it feels a little more bouncy if you get a bump on apex. So not sure I'm fully sold on it without a shock upgrade on the comfort and feel side of things. On smooth roads and race tracks this seems like it makes sense though. I'm weighing it up right now. I'm gonna do the shocks in the future so maybe it'll go back on if I end up taking it off.

I just finished installing the front 2 point brace and rear torsion bar. I've only taken it for a quick ride so far with a few exit ramps and the rear definitely feels different. A little more lively on turn in but then sets and is on rails!
I ended up installing slightly different on the rear because the same size bushings that were suggested were too small for the inside diameter of the holes in the rear bar.
Here you can see they would have been freely flopping and doing nothing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794646.621085.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794663.341967.jpg

I ended up getting a similar bushing with the collar on one end so they could sandwich in the bar when installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794742.431926.jpg

Here it is being installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794801.657249.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794814.964352.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431794827.203604.jpg

The last pic is before I tightened it up but there was still enough threads to engaged the lock nut.

Oh yeah. Those stickers are something I added to give it a finished look. I got a bunch of them in one of my mountune orders...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So why is everybody buying their own bushings again? Doesn't the bar come with everything needed to just plug and play?

MOFiST

It's the iso100 mod. I'm not running the bushings and the bar is doing it's job that's for sure.

I just didn't like the idea of a 1/2" bolt inside a 3/4" pice of tubing being held by a washer to keep it from pulling through.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
So why is everybody buying their own bushings again? Doesn't the bar come with everything needed to just plug and play?
I don't believe it actually *needs* them but I figured for a few bucks it was worth a shot.

Cranking down on the nuts and squishing the fender washer seems to secure it just fine.

It seems things have changed slightly since I got mine as my bushings needed to be pressed in.