Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Torsion Bar

Mine lined up perfect. Practically fell on. Now the front was a little tighter and required a little muscle.

Now how does it work? Awesome! The rear feels extremely planted now and you can feel it take a harder and harder set the harder you push it through the he turn. Lift oversteer is still possible too, it just doesn't have that feel of rotation immediately on turn in that it did stock. That wasn't bad but was a little unnerving when you're flying into a turn and it immediately starts to rotate. As for the front I didn't expect much, and you won't feel it unless you're pushing it, but the front is surprisingly better in terms of feeling more connected. Stock the steering felt good but would kick around a bit of the pavement wasn't totally smooth. Now that kicking feeling is gone and the traction is actually improved too! I think the traction is more the result of the rear bar keeping the front more level, but together it's a solid package with no downside for daily driving. This car is just such an awesome package for short money. Although it might seem like a money pit with all the mods you're doing, it can be done for 1/3 to 1/2 the price modding the typical German or Jap tuning cars. I just hope companies keep coming out with these fair prices mods that make a difference you can feel other than just feeling your wallet is lighter!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Might invest in this. I already have the 2 pt brace so the combo seems perfect. And like you said I love these cheap successful mods.

I'm glad everyone is loving the stuff from TB.. Been working with him for a few months now and have everything he makes on my car definitely makes a huge difference.. We are also working on some new items as well.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm glad everyone is loving the stuff from TB.. Been working with him for a few months now and have everything he makes on my car definitely makes a huge difference.. We are also working on some new items as well.
Quick question, I have pierce 2 pt brace; what is the equivalent of that that TB makes? I don't want to accidentally buy the same product from TB.

The 2 point brace from TB connects the A arms. Being an engineer by trade I would like to see a one piece brace instead of a welded one, but I do feel a difference with the TB 2 point "traction" brace. I feel a bent one piece brace would be better though. For the price I'm definitely not complaining since I've already felt the difference while pushing it. I will say that if you're not driving your FiST in a place where you can push it to the point your tires are howling in the turns, you will not feel any improvement from the front brace. The rear torsion bar is a definite improvement even at lower speeds though. Together they make a fine combo for the occasional beat run!

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
The Pierce version is bent tubular steel.

Young L

BIG props to Danny Check at TB for gettin a torsion bar out to me as soon as he could. Had some shipping problems on the first one I ordered and even this one showed up a little banged up but its not there fault. Lookin forward to puttin it to the test when I make my next trip to the Ring in July.

Young L

So if you want to be a real cheap ass and not buy any bushings the ones from your trans bracket and shifter will work also if you still have them.

the black one is kinda big to use a razor to trim down one of the sides. Also when the bolt is pushed in it will expand it a bit so trim it with the bolt in it

Practically no play in the bolt now. Tomorrow ill mount it up, i put the black one on top and the blue on bottom but i dont think it will make a difference.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Finally got mine installed today what a breeze to install and also put in the rear Trunk bar it needed a bit of a trim on the plastic shelf holder but nother a sharp box cutter could not fix and bam it was in I did put a washer under each side to lift it a smidge so it would not touch the wires that it went over I am just fussy about that it did clear fine but I wanted a little more wiggle room the way I drive ;) (I failed to take pics and will get some next time I take the trunk apart as the WMI stuff is a pita to rassle around)

Here is what the manual says:

Torque :
Stage 1: 63 Nm
Stage 2: 180?

So I think you got enough.

180 Nm actually comes out to about 132 ft/lbs.
I am not sure what they mean by 180? however.

Dave
For anyone coming across this, the manual lists torqueing them to 63Nm = 46.5 ft lb. Then step 2 is turning the bolt 180 degrees, NOT 180Nm :
Torque :

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
For anyone coming across this, the manual lists torqueing them to 63Nm = 46.5 ft lb. Then step 2 is turning the bolt 180 degrees, NOT 180Nm :
Torque :
Thanks for the update.
Also confirmed in post #113

Dave