Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Confirmed by local Ford service dept, HVAC blend actuator is bad. Unfortunately, part is in another state even though I tried to tell them to have one on hand ahead of time. Car will be in shop for next couple of days. At least it's covered under warranty and Ford will be picking up the bill for the part, labor and rental car/loaner.

Just wanted to share my experience. I had the same clicking noise coming from behind the dash. I took it to the Ford dealer and they also immediately diagnosed the issue. They claim "Mode door actuator making clicking noise" and replaced the "Mode Door Actuator". Everything seems to be fine now, but I'll update this if the issue persists. Seems to be common to all fiesta's though; I hope this new part lasts longer than the original

Confirmed by local Ford service dept, HVAC blend actuator is bad. Unfortunately, part is in another state even though I tried to tell them to have one on hand ahead of time. Car will be in shop for next couple of days. At least it's covered under warranty and Ford will be picking up the bill for the part, labor and rental car/loaner.
Glad to read this is being taken care of for you, gizyuluu! :)

Just wanted to share my experience. I had the same clicking noise coming from behind the dash. I took it to the Ford dealer and they also immediately diagnosed the issue. They claim "Mode door actuator making clicking noise" and replaced the "Mode Door Actuator". Everything seems to be fine now, but I'll update this if the issue persists. Seems to be common to all fiesta's though; I hope this new part lasts longer than the original
Glad this issue was resolved, ed_the_sledd. Don't hesitate to reach out should you ever need anything down the road! :)

Nick

Just had this happen on mine this morning. Exact sound. How long was the repair?
The repair itself is fast, maybe an hour depending on your dealer (mine was about 50 minutes). The real issue is if they have the part in stock :/ I got lucky that they had the piece available, but others have to wait a few days for the piece to come in

Zissou

Take it to the dealer.

I had vibrations coming from the steering column when I got my FiST last year. Turns out it was a wiring harness that wasn't clipped down properly vibrating. Let them sort it out.

Mine is doing it too. Going to take it in for warrenty. 3 months of ownership and already 2 warranty issues. Hope this is not what i get for buying american
You bought Mexican. We could drive these things to import car shows. If you want U.S.A. built go get a Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tundra.

Started happening to me about a week ago. Just hit 41k miles. Hopefully they'll somehow recall it, seeing as i'm out of warranty.

Started happening to me about a week ago. Just hit 41k miles. Hopefully they'll somehow recall it, seeing as i'm out of warranty.
Hi CivicAssassin,

I'd recommend going ahead and having your dealership check out the clicking noise. Once they've performed an inspection, I'll be able to research some options to help. If you decide to get your dealer involved, be sure to let me know.

Crystal

Does anyone have the shop manual handy? I'd like to see what Ford claims is the duration of this repair. When I took mine to be diagnosed for this issue, they kept my car an hour and a half, and drove it. When I got back into the car, there was a faint whiff of clutch. They ordered the part in question(HVAC blend door actuator) and just received it. They require my car spend an overnight with them, which I'm simply not comfortable with given the previous visit.

Sorry to bump this thread but the YouTube video is no longer working. Could you describe the sound? Reason I ask is cause yesterday when I put the heat on through the vents my car mad a LOUD knocking sound coming from inside the dash. Like it literally sounded like someone was on the other side of the dash knocking. Just curious if yours sounded anything close like that.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sorry to bump this thread but the YouTube video is no longer working. Could you describe the sound? Reason I ask is cause yesterday when I put the heat on through the vents my car mad a LOUD knocking sound coming from inside the dash. Like it literally sounded like someone was on the other side of the dash knocking. Just curious if yours sounded anything close like that.

Yours sound like a bad flapper/door to switch from heat to cold. Or disconnected. Have the dealer look at it.