Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.0%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.0%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Yup! Thanks guys you nailed it, same sound as in this video:[video=youtube;KSp9n4rv2qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSp9n4rv2qc[/video]
Gonna take care of it ASAP, thankfully it seems more of a nuisance that dangerous.

I'm just out of warranty, and they said it'd cost me $111, just to diagnose it. I told them not to even jack with it. Nothing's been affected, just noisy on startup and going hot to cold.

Mine started doing this today. Have it scheduled into the dealer Friday
Hey Azov,

Is your ST still at the dealership, or has it been repaired and returned? If so, send over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll take a look to see how I can assist.

This is happening to my car too, not even 10k miles on it. Here's a video where someone did a replacement in an Explorer, it's a little ridiculous that this can fail in such little time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq1IjAtmruI
I'm just out of warranty, and they said it'd cost me $111, just to diagnose it. I told them not to even jack with it. Nothing's been affected, just noisy on startup and going hot to cold.
Bringing mine in tomorrow, gotta admit this doesn't instill much confidence in the long term reliability of this car...
Hey Tethlah, CivicAssassin, and FiSTNorthStar,

Thanks for posting about your concern. Send over a PM with your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help.

Nick

PM Sent! Thank you
Hey Azov,

Is your ST still at the dealership, or has it been repaired and returned? If so, send over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll take a look to see how I can assist.

Hey Tethlah, CivicAssassin, and FiSTNorthStar,

Thanks for posting about your concern. Send over a PM with your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help.

Nick

This looks like a pretty common problem. Happened to my Fist as well. My car has been at the dealer for 2 FULL days, going on 3 :( On the plus side I did get a pretty sweet Escape Titanium loaner car and I'm pretty sure it makes more turbo noises than the fist ha.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Sorry to bump this thread but the YouTube video is no longer working. Could you describe the sound? Reason I ask is cause yesterday when I put the heat on through the vents my car mad a LOUD knocking sound coming from inside the dash. Like it literally sounded like someone was on the other side of the dash knocking. Just curious if yours sounded anything close like that.
I had the same thing happen today when I started the car... it sounds almost like someone is under the dash tapping loudly... it keeps doing it too at start up, but then subsides after a few seconds. This has never happened before

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yup! Thanks guys you nailed it, same sound as in this video:[video=youtube;KSp9n4rv2qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSp9n4rv2qc[/video]
Gonna take care of it ASAP, thankfully it seems more of a nuisance that dangerous.
Yep, mine too as of today.

Mine as well. I have dealer appointment for next week for a busted upper motor mount that was installed improperly when ford replaced the engine, I will bring it up to them. I'm afraid they are going to pull warranty shenanigans, even though the car is only two years old, it commutes from nyc to DC and has high mileage.

Mine did this a little while back, around 8k miles. Got it fixed under warranty at the local dealer. Took like three days, had to order the blend door actuator. Also they did not have to pull the dash if anyone was wondering.

Mine started today coincidently after a tire change at 14k yippy [party] I was like what the hell you guys scratch my rim and break my car[facepalm]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Mine started about two weeks ago. Right after datalogging... Talk about a code brown.

Ugh, mine started this recently. I bought it in May of 2014 but it has 40k miles on it now so my basic warranty is out. :(

Siestarider

My 2014 started doing it last week, stopped, did it again this am on start up. This is sounding like an epidemic.

I am under warranty, but have no confidence in local dealership service. They did not even know how to reset tire sensors, I had to run before they tried to change them, claimed aftermarket wheels were defective.

But they have a great parts guy, maybe I will see if he can get me the part and install it myself if dash does not have to be removed.

I'm not buying parts from the dealer anymore. I looked up the transmission mount to replace it and it cost something like $29 on fordparts.com. Said the dealership had it. Went to the dealership said it was a different part number that they didn't have and it was more like $49. I believed them and bought it and had it shipped to me.

It was the same damn part as the regular fiesta and the one that was on Fordparts.com and they took me for a $20 ride. [:(!]

Suffice to say, I will be removing mine shortly and confirming what exact part fits it as some of the stuff I see online is questionable at best. But I'm not overpaying for a stupid part at a dealership again.

Has anyone had this happen but the noise was just a buzz hum type thing? It does sound like a stuck actuator trying to open and close. I have no clicking, but I do have a weird noise coming from the dash on start up that lasts about 10min.

Clicking is the blender door behind the dash. Just had mine replaced under warranty.